Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#637 2008-09-10 20:27:25

igner
Plugin Author

Re: ign_password_protect

I’ll see what I can do. In the meantime, what are you trying to accomplish? if you want, email me (use the email link); it might be something I you could do in a pinch with a query using smd_query or phpmyadmin.

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

#638 2008-09-10 21:04:16

jstubbs
Website

That’s nice of you to offer. Its late here so I will leave an email for another time – have to be up early :-)

Basically I have about 50 registered users who have never logged in. Some spammers among them. Essentially I would like to select all of those users, and then delete them. Something like the “articles” tab, where one can select multiple articles and then choose to change category/section etc.

I guess I could use phpMyAdmin for this, but it would be nice to do it directly from the plugin extension tab.

#639 2008-09-11 01:48:18

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

igner wrote:

and replace with: list($return_path) = (!empty($return_path)) ? explode('?', $return_path) : explode(?', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

That should solve the problem for you.

I think there’s a missing single-quote just before the second question-mark. How about this instead?…

list($return_path) = (!empty($return_path)) ? explode('?', $return_path) : explode('?', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

Steve

#640 2008-09-11 17:43:08

igner
Plugin Author

Yup, thanks for catching that, Steve.

#641 2008-09-13 06:41:57

idoremus

I also have the Firefox issue with getting kicked out with every page refresh. tried to switch to the alternate DB with no luck. Are there any workarounds you would suggest?

Edit: Here is some more information. I am able to stay logged-in using Safari on both Mac. and Win. (not the most popular browser). Firefox, both 2 and 3 (both mac. and Win.) and IE version 6 do not keep my login session from page to page.

I have tried the hacks mentioned earlier in this forum but don’t know if the version I am using (0.5b9) has already been patched. In particular changing:

$d = explode('.', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']); $domain = '.'.join('.', array_slice($d, -2, 2));
to
$domain = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];

breaks my build.

I also would like to have my “default” page load on log out. It was mentioned that someone used a php page redirect to go to a secure page:
<txp:ign_if_logged_in> <txp:php>header(‘Location: ‘.hu);</txp:php> </txp:ign_if_logged_in>

is there a similar hack for what I am trying to do?

Thanks for all the hard work, Ian

Last edited by idoremus (2008-09-14 22:16:58)

#642 2008-09-16 05:05:46

idoremus

If anyone is following along, I fixed my second problem by using this code:
<txp:ign_if_logged_in>
<p>Private content...</p>
<txp:else />
<txp:php>
header( 'Location: http://www.yoursite.com/index.php') ;
<txp:php>
</txp:ign_if_logged_in>

#643 2008-09-17 17:08:41

idoremus

My Firefox bug has been fixed. Steve and Jeremy were able to tweak my install to make it work. I am told that a new release will be available soon with the fix. I really appreciate all the help they gave me in getting my site up and going.

~Ian

#644 2008-09-17 21:35:24

idoremus

Does anyone know how to style the default form for <txp:ign_current_user /> ? I read and used the suggestions in this post #614 to change my login form. Now I would like to take the breaks out and change the text link to a submit button in this form.

#645 2008-09-18 00:37:27

igner
Plugin Author

Just to follow up – Ian’s issue was related to using an IP address for a site under development, and would apply to a limited subset of users. And a fix WILL be forthcoming.

Ian – current_user uses a TXP form to render (though there is a fallback coded into the plugin). Here’s the existing form:
<div class='active'> <p><txp:ign_user_info type="realname" /><br /> <txp:ign_logout_link>Log out</txp:ign_logout_link></p> </div>

Just create a form with the structure you want / need and any CSS hooks you might desire. Save it as ‘current_user’, or name it something more meaningful to you, and use the form attribute e.g. <txp:ign_current_user form="my_current_user_form_name" />

#646 2008-09-25 02:46:49

idoremus

So far I am very happy with how the plugin is working, thanks again for all the help I received.

Another question: is <txp:ign_self_edit> working in this build? My page will not render when I use the tag.

Thanks again,
Ian

FIXED: I forgot to make it self closing.

Last edited by idoremus (2008-09-25 05:01:27)

#647 2008-10-11 01:05:17

idoremus

OK hopefully this is my last question (I searched this forum and in the instructions and couldn’t find an answer):

If I chose to use the “Use Alternate Database” and then later changed my mind is there a way to go back? Clicking “NO” and “SAVE” doesn’t stick. Clicking the check box for “Also authenticate against txp_users?” doesn’t seem to stick either. My original TXP users authenticate but any new ones authenticate until I refresh the page, then get logged-off.

Thanks for any suggestions someone might have.
~Ian

#648 2008-10-12 17:42:45

igner
Plugin Author

@idoremus –
You should be able to toggle the user database just fine (I just checked on your site, and it sticks for me). You can ignore the also authenticate checkbox – the plugin always tries a fallback to the txp_users database if the alternate database lookup fails.

I’ll try to take a look at the other issue (logout after refresh).

Board footer