Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2005-06-10 12:09:49

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_live_archive

Although stevechamp said he has, I’ve never seen this work on messy URLs.

If you look at http://detached.farfromreal.com/?s=archive&larch=1, you’ll see that the article list is generated. If you have the ability to use clean URLs, try doing that.

#86 2005-06-10 12:12:58

Finner

hrmm, tis nice to know that it is ‘working’ – thanks :)
i know i have the ability to use clean url’s, but have just been looking for how to change to them, but the textbook entry doesn’t yet have that part grin

thanks again – really looking forward to this working, looks great!

#87 2005-06-10 12:36:03

stevechamp

Messy url is working (kind of), but is experiencing wierd behaviour, like disappearing when I add articles, swtich url mode. Seems to be random (will check later).

One thing that worked for me for the disappearing year bug (found this now as well), is to go to extensions->live-archive, and save it again. years came back for me then!

beats me!!

#88 2005-06-10 13:15:46

tinyfly
Website

Finner,

Go to admin -> Preferences and select your clean url format in the “Permanent Link Mode” dropdown box. If your webhost allows mod_rewrite in your .htaccess file that will be all you will need to do.

If not well…there are other options but mod_rewrite is the most elegant.

#89 2005-06-10 13:42:01

Finner

thanks tiny fly – i’ve tried that, several times, but although the perm. link urls change in my blog, when i click them, i get a 404 error… scratches head
i’m thinking something might be wrong with my .htaccess file?

#90 2005-06-10 15:53:55

jameslomax
Website

Anyone getting interface problems?
Guess not.
So I’ll re-phrase that: what could the reason be, that this conflicts with bas_img_select, and basically makes a mess of the new article page?

It looks a great plugin this, because I’ve been concerned about navigation at my site when it begins to grow.
However, I need to use bas_img_select and it does appear to conflict.

#91 2005-06-10 16:03:53

PeterS
Website

James, update to the latest version of TXP through SVN. I had the same problem, and when I upgraded, it went away.

The following is true
The above statement is false.

#92 2005-06-11 08:41:36

terrence
Website

Any update on the bug where if another section has a more recent post, the live archives won’t show for a particular section? My live archives are still disappearing after the loading message.

#93 2005-06-12 20:47:58

sekhu
Website

can anyone help with this, it seems to be very hit and miss, and i believe wilshire is out of twon right now.

the plguin worked once, then i tried a few other things made a new page to display it on linked it and it still worked, but a little oddly. still i went further, made a few more changes to the page, went through the insall procedure again and…no archives. so i deleted the dat files, reinstalled, went through the process and only one article shows up. so i delete the dat files again, clear everything, restart a new, and only the loading articles page appears, but then nothing. using section makes no different in this instance.

<code><div id=“content2”>
<txp:rss_live_archive>
<txp:rss_suparchive />
</txp:rss_live_archive>
</code>

Any suggestions? I may just end up sticking to sueprarchives until this plugin works on a regular basis if you will. It’s a great way to display archives though.

#94 2005-06-13 07:34:01

sekhu
Website

Well I got it working by publishing a new article, i tried re-publishing an existing article, but that didn’t work, so I just did some random article and published that. A few problems I’ve noticed.

Deleting and article is not accounted for in the livearchives – it retains both the article name, link to a non-existent article and adds it to the live archive, so if that is your last article for that month, it will only display that article first. It looks like you may need to delete the dat files and restart the plugin each time you delete an article

Secondly, if you click a month with x amount of articles, say 50, it will expand the page to accomodate that alrge list – which is great, but if you then select a month with less articles, it will retain that large 50 line gap even if displaying 1 article.

#95 2005-06-13 10:21:23

Finner

just wanted to point out that my porblem has been solved – although i did have mod_rewrite enabled, some other setting was stopping me from using the .htaccess file…! all is working well now!
thanks heaps for all your help and suggestions! twas much appreciated!

#96 2005-06-13 13:11:25

tinyfly
Website

It seems like this plugin has some problems with the way it handles the cache. I think I will continue to use rss_suparchive until the above problems can be worked out.

Last edited by tinyfly (2005-06-13 13:11:43)

Board footer