Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#157 2006-11-25 20:27:18

mrdale
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_live_archive

Thanks Treffynon.

Any chance you’d consider being a hero and taking a swing at the well documented disappearing years bug?

#158 2006-11-25 22:41:53

Finner

I’ve just been playing with it, and the only problem i’m having is that my dates are appearing in a column on the right hand side, in the same place as the comment count. This is a problem had with the original, but never known how to fix it.. any ideas?

#159 2006-11-26 08:46:43

treffynnon

mrdale wrote:

Any chance you’d consider being a hero and taking a swing at the well documented disappearing years bug?

Could you elaborate on the problem? I don’t understand exactly what is going wrong. Perhaps a link or a screenshot of the problem. What is the TXP tag you are using to call the plugin?

Finner wrote:

I’ve just been playing with it, and the only problem i’m having is that my dates are appearing in a column on the right hand side, in the same place as the comment count. This is a problem had with the original, but never known how to fix it.. any ideas?

Again I am not sure what you mean by this. I don’t have a date display. I am just planning to use it pretty as is at the moment. Perhaps you could provide a link to a page demonstrating your problem. What is the TXP tag you are using to call the plugin?

Last edited by treffynnon (2006-11-26 08:47:22)

#160 2006-11-26 17:00:02

mrdale
Website

treffynnon wrote:

Could you elaborate on the problem? I don’t understand exactly what is going wrong. Perhaps a link or a screenshot of the problem. What is the TXP tag you are using to call the plugin?

You can find an example of the disappearing year here

Here’s how I’m calling it.

<txp:rss_live_archive showsubdate="1" subdateformat="%e" showcommentscount="0" showpostscount="0" category="meeting" subdatesep="">Javascript Not Available </txp:rss_live_archive>

The problem disappears (the years reappear) when I post an article or clear out the cache, but then pops up again after a few clicks.

Last edited by mrdale (2006-11-26 17:03:01)

#161 2006-11-26 20:47:20

Finner

My archives are located here – http://detached.farfromreal.com/archive/
and i’m calling it with -
<txp:rss_live_archive showsubdate="1" showcommentscount="0">Please enable JavaSript</txp:rss_live_archive>

So i’m calling the article date, and i’ve had to remove the comment count because they would literally be sitting on top of each other, where the date should really be on the left before the article title.

#162 2006-11-27 04:49:35

treffynnon

Give me a couple of days and I will look into these issues. No promises of fixes mind you. ;-) I will try my best.

Last edited by treffynnon (2006-11-27 04:50:44)

#163 2006-11-28 02:17:51

theturninggate
Website

I’m a few days late with my thanks, but only now checked back with the thread. Thank you much, treffynnon! I haven’t installed your fix yet, but will do so this afternoon. I’m very much looking forward to having things working again. :)

#164 2006-11-30 21:47:06

treffynnon

We are moving offices at work so I don’t have time to fix this plugin anymore. Perhaps someone else will be able to help.

#165 2006-11-30 21:48:42

mrdale
Website

Treff, no problem. Thanks for your efforts thus far…

#166 2006-12-02 00:18:44

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

treffynnon wrote:

One thing I noticed though; the WilshireOne website is running Txp4.0.4 (http://www.wilshireone.com/article/198/now-running-txp-404) according to a blog post on there. I then checked out the archives and rss_live_archive (http://www.wilshireone.com/livearchive ) is installed and still working. So he has either patched it himself (if so why not release it?) or rolled back to Txp4.0.3.

You are correct that I am running 4.0.4 and my live archive does still work. But no, I have not secretly fixed the plugin and not released it. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my archive has always worked and I didn’t do a clean install, but just upgraded from 4.0.3.

I will have to take a look at your fixes Simon and update the download on wilshire|one as well. Thanks for that. I also have never been able to track down the “disappearing years” problem but maybe you’ll have some luck.

#167 2006-12-06 17:58:23

dberthia
Website

I’m not able to get this plugin to work properly in IE7. When I view my archives (here) or those posted earlier by Finner (here) in IE7, the years and months do nothing when clicked. Everything is fine in Firefox 2.0. Is anybody else seeing this problem? Any ideas for a solution?

Edit: I finally gave up on this plugin since it does not seem to behave properly when using IE7.

Last edited by dberthia (2006-12-27 05:18:36)

#168 2007-01-01 12:01:53

Flashpix
Plugin Author
Website

Just to let you all know: apparently the new year triggered a bug in the live archive code which occurs when for the current year there is no article in the archive. There are two methods to fix this:

1. write a new article

or

2. fix the code. If you replace in the plugin code the block for reading the month with the following code, it will work again:

// Read months

$months = rssGetMonths($cyear);

if ($recache || $months === false) {

rss_cacheAll($section, $category);

if( $months === false )

{

// try to fix year

$year_keys = array_keys($years);

$cyear = $year_keys0;

if( $months === false ) die(rssCacheError(“month”));

}

}

This has to replace the current block starting with the comment “//Read months”.

I tried to format it nicer, but neither bc. nor notextile. nor <pre> or <code> worked despite the FAQ Answer #43

Board footer