#109 2005-08-30 11:56:54

MikkelM
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_live_archive

No idea of how to solve my problem ?

#110 2005-09-03 13:34:32

haggis

Hi, I’ve looked though this thread and can’t find the answer to my problem, I’m trying to use this plug-in but I don’t get any postings listed.

I am using txp 4.0 and downloaded and installed the plugin – of course :)
In extensions > live archive I have autocache=yes, sections = articles, and categories = blank (I presume that blank will default to all categories).
In admin preferences I have file upload path is a correct absolute path /home/inedinb/public_html/test1/files and temp folder is also an absolute path (the tmp folder was /tmp when I installed the plugin, and oddly, if I got to extensions > live archive and hit save it gets reset to /tmp, but I don’t know if that is relevant), both have permissions 777
I have the js call in my page head section

I call the plugin with all default settings and just a bit of text with p tags in between.
I know that the js works as I see the “loading archives” message.
I know the caching is working as I can see the .dat files and they have content including names of articles.
I know the form containing the live archive tags is working as I see the noscript text when I view source
But I get no rssSubdate elements listed on the page, so no archive entries at all.

When I try the ?larch=1 extension, I get this message
Something has gone horribly wrong. The month cache cannot be opened. Make sure your file upload path is correct and writable – /home/inedinb/public_html/test1/files

It’s as if when building the archive list it can’t find or can’t read the .dat files, but I can’t see why?
Link is here

thx in advance

Last edited by haggis (2005-09-03 13:35:24)

#111 2005-09-03 21:43:32

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Your section should be set to article on the plugins preferences tab as it appears to be the section you’re posting your articles to.

#112 2005-09-03 23:59:49

Finner

Still having problems with the date of the article being listed in the same column as my post count. I’d really like to have the date listed before the article title – any suggestions?
http://detached.farfromreal.com/archive/

thx

#113 2005-09-04 06:28:28

haggis

> wilshire wrote:

> Your section should be set to article on the plugins preferences tab as it appears to be the section you’re posting your articles to.

Thanks for replying.
Sorry, a “typo” – it is sections = article
(basically I’m just trying to get it to work with default settings as much as possible)
Also, I’m using section/id/title URLs

In my files directory, there is a .dat file for each year, one for each month, plus maxdiscuss, maxpostid and years.dat
They appear to have the correct data in them

Edit: some hours later.
I think the problem was because I left the categories field blank on the admin page.
I’ve added some categories into that field and as I post a new article to each category that I add to the comma separated list, the posts appear in the archive listing.

It now seems to be working fine and is a super plug-in !

Edit again.
I was wrong, it isn’t the list of categories in the extensions tab, it’s to do with the date on the new posting that you add to get it to build the cache.
All my real postings are historical, and they don’t get listed if the new article I add is not the latest in the list of articles, by date.
(I have deleted cache files in between testing various options). I now have a blank category list on the extensions tab and on the txp call, but only get any listings as long as I leave a posting dated after all the postings that were already there before I added the plug-in.

Last edited by haggis (2005-09-04 11:46:16)

#114 2005-09-10 18:32:46

maland

i’ve installed the plugin and while it does display articles that have been posted I’m only getting an incorrect date and a master listing. Can someone take a look here and let me know what I’m doing wrong?

- I’ve installed plugin and actived it
- i’ve added a new page for archive and placed the following code into it <code >txp:rss_live_archive txp:rss_suparchive /txp:rss_live_archive</code>

Thanks in advance.
Malan D

Last edited by maland (2005-09-10 18:36:22)

#115 2005-09-11 02:08:41

maland

ahhhhhhh. ok i’m insane. i thought the Sept. 15 was the date, but it’s the post count. nice.
nm.

#116 2005-09-20 00:20:45

atrox
Website

I’ve noticed that years lock and only unlock when I’m Going for the last month of the year which is locked. To illustrate, see on my web site: click on 2004 and you will notice that it locks and doesn’t switch to 2004, but as soon as you click on January it switches to it. Can’t figure out why.

#117 2005-09-20 01:49:02

misterk
Website

Has anyone been having problems with the archive showing up on back pages? My archive works great on front pages: / or /section, but won’t work once you get onto an individual archive.

I checked that the javascript is indeed being included into all the pages, and I’m not just forgetting to put it onto the archive pages. I’m calling rss_live_archive from a form, which end up being my footer. Anyone have ideas?

#118 2005-09-22 05:26:37

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

In my logs I’m seeing someone send calls like this to my livearchive page:

/livearchive?ls=cali
/livearchive?ls=cal
/livearchive?ls=c

Discussing his 404 redirect, Lee said he wasn’t sure if this sort of thing is potentially dangerous or not. Can anybody shine some light on this?

Edit: D’oh! Of course, that’s what shows up in the log when live_search is used. I just hadn’t realized it. Learn something every day.

Last edited by schussat (2005-09-22 22:17:03)

-Alan

#119 2005-10-02 03:27:28

Elenita
Website

I skimmed the five pages rather quickly, so forgive me if I missed this. But, can someone tell me which time zone this plugin uses when generating its lists? And, if possible, how to change it?

I assumed that it uses the time that the user sets in site preferences, but checking out my blog archives, it looks like that’s not the case. For instance, I posted an article less than an hour ago, and in my time zone— I’m in New York, UTC -5:00 — the date is October 1, 2005. But, according to the archive outputted by the plugin, it was posted on the second of the month. I’m guessing it’s a time zone discrepancy, but I want to make sure.

Thanks!

Last edited by Elenita (2005-10-02 03:28:23)

#120 2005-10-03 15:28:18

zoeglingjulian
Website

Got a question: Do I need to set a section somewhere? That means; if I’d just leave it blank, would it display posts from every section or from none? And may I ask the same question regarding categories?

Thing is, I’ve set a section in the admin tab and the page template and everything was working fine (at least I think…), but then I copied the database and now it’s not working, there’s nothing displayed. Javascript works, caching workes. It must be something wrong when the plugin tries to work out which articles to show, because all I get is the loading-message that vanishes after some seconds. There’s no trace of any entries in the DOM, too. Just the loading message and the notlive-thing.

Well, okay… I told it to take another section as well (“journal,info” in the tab). Then it worked. I changed the text in the tab to “journal”. Works. Only it still displays the articles from the info-section, too.

Okay. I found out what the problem is (for me). If there’s no post from the current month, the live archives won’t display anything. Has anybody the same problem? Or does anybody know what’s wrong?

Last edited by zoeglingjulian (2005-10-03 15:41:59)

Board footer