You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » upm_img_popper

#565 2006-05-25 09:05:44

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: upm_img_popper

Remove the “custom” link, is that what you’re asking? No, there’s no way to do that.

#566 2006-05-25 09:14:33

-P-

Wow, that was fast :)

I mean in the Image selector pop up window where there is beneath “assign class” field the option “custom form”. I´d like to just comment that out or hide it.

#567 2006-05-25 09:20:33

The-Exit
Website

Well, probably it might be good, if an administrator could choose whether to display or not certain options in the image seloctor window.

#568 2006-05-25 11:25:14

-P-

I like this plugin very much! Just the reason for this request is to make the image insertion feature “less geeky” for the end users.

For me, I can manage with those options but to some they might just add confusion. Best option would offcourse be, if the chosable options could be managed via plugin admin but guess just commenting out certain features is not big thing either?

Another thing I ran into is that I don´t seem to be able to change the size of the popup window? I´m asking this because I use Philippe´s style for admin and with it the admin header does not fit into popup window resulting the window having horizontal scrollbar. So the easiest thing would be just increasing default widht for the window a bit.

#569 2006-05-27 08:11:33

-P-

Okei, some progress…

If I remove
<code>n.graf( ‘<label for=“custom_form”>’.upm_img_popper_gTxt(‘custom_form’).’</label> <input type=“text” id=“custom_form” value=”’.$upm_img_popper_custom_form.’” class=“edit” /> (‘.upm_img_popper_gTxt(‘override’).’)’ ,’ align=“center”’). n.’</form>’;
</code>

it seems to lose the user selectable custom form field. Only thing is that in that case it still shows some code in the plugin window: <code>upm_img_popper&bm=true</code>. Taking that part out breaks the plugin.
To plugin to work, it also needs that I take out basically every custom form related that I found from the plugin code. But I´d say now that losing the custom field is possible, would of course appreciate the way to do it “right”.

#570 2006-05-27 16:17:28

squaredeye
Website

Mary,
per p’s request,
if this were something you’d be willing to do,
to add to the “upm_img_popper” extensions tab,
a list of ways of image insertion the “webmaster” wants to have “viewable”,
it could make the popper much more “usable”.

Is that something you would like for we the community to place into the plugin: request forum?
I know I would be up to contributing to this functionality, considering the likelihood of major image reform happening in time for the next release is at best, up in the air.

Lemme know,
:)

#571 2006-06-04 07:10:03

mazso

I’m sure, it’s my fault: I installed upm_image_popper plugin and maybe I installed it two times. Now I get an message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare upm_img_popper_help() (previously declared in /www/htdocs/w006da50/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code:3) in /www/htdocs/w006da50/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 2

I’ve neither access to the website nor to the admin area. What can I do? Updating a fresh txplib_misc.php didn’t help. Has anyone any idea?

Thanks

Mazso

Last edited by mazso (2006-06-04 16:02:41)

#572 2006-06-04 14:25:36

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Remove upm_img_popper completely (and upm_image, if it is there), then try adding it again.

#573 2006-06-04 16:09:31

mazso

Mary wrote:

Remove upm_img_popper completely (and upm_image, if it is there), then try adding it again.

Thanks Mary, but this one didn’t help, because I had no access to the —frontend— backend. But just one hour ago I found a solution.

I called the online database (with phpmyadmin), made a local copy of the whole db. Then I made copy of the txp_plugin-table, removed all the data and uploaded the data from the non-wrecked local installation txp_plugin-table.

Don’t forget to remove all the “create table”-stuff at the beginning of the data.

Mazso

Last edited by mazso (2006-06-05 18:05:51)

#574 2006-06-16 18:07:56

ollieclubb
Website

Hi Mary

Thanks for a great plugin!

I want to use upm_img_popper to insert image tags into a field into the genral info field in jmc_event_manager. I’m a PHP/SQL programmer / SysAdmin and my experience writing Java Script is limited.

I know these are quite basic questions but I just want to be sure I’m integrating it correctly:

1) What code do I need to insert into the jmc_event_manager code page to call the upm_img_popper from a java script function link so that all the relevant java script variables are set?

2) What code/variables/config options do I need to change to alter the target form and form field or text area where the tag gets inserted? (the insertTag(type, id, ext, width, height, alt, title) function looks like a likely place to start!?)

It wouldbe great to add “target” config options to upm_img_popper so that plugin devs can use it as a ‘ standard’ image inserting tool in their plugins.

Any help or pointers on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#575 2006-06-16 19:20:33

hakjoon
Website

There are a couple way you can go about it. You could specify a new type that gets passed to insertTag() and build a link pasisng this type to the appropriate condition to insert it where you want. This would require a new type, link and switch for every new location.

Most flexible thing to do would probably be to modify how the current variable is set. Right now it is globally set to “Body” in the opener window at around line 140. If you came up with a way to pass the value of current to the pop up you could then create Insert image links that would pass the locations you wanted the resulting tag to be inserted into.

You could pass the value as a URL parameter grab it with php set a javascript variable using the parameter in the popup and then change line 532 from window.opener.current to current

Or actually after a better look probably the best thing would be to extend the function in line 142 to loop through the inputs in the page and have an onClick event attached to all of them that would change current to that element. That way it would insert the data in the last area you clicked in making it pretty universal.

Ok now I’m just rambling.

btw. These line numbers are coming from just copying teh plugin code form teh TXP admin interface and pasting them in a text editor

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#576 2006-06-16 19:34:09

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

1. The url you need is just ?event=upm_img_popper&bm=true
  2. That’s correct, insertTag() handles where tags get inserted.

One thing you need to worry about: the edit links. If you click on an image’s name, it’ll bring you away from whatever screen you’re on to the image editing screen. The plugin won’t know about your screen. See goEditImage().

It wouldbe great to add “target” config options to upm_img_popper so that plugin devs can use it as a ‘standard’ image inserting tool in their plugins.

I think you’re the first person to ask for this. I’m not sure if it’ll happen, but I’ll keep it in mind.

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » upm_img_popper

Board footer