Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#381 2011-12-12 20:43:50

whaleen
Website

Re: mem_self_register

Any wizardry available to let users register their own chosen password and bypass the old check email for password step? I know they answer to this is probably no but I assume many would want this process to be simplified for the sake of potential signer-upppers.

This happening would mean they’d supply their name, email, password and then press register. From there they’d be logged in looking at any screen we choose. The customary email would go out still but would serve as a welcome to the service and here is you password you chose email so keep this email for your records in case you forget.

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#382 2011-12-16 13:04:09

milosevic

Hello:

I’m doing a new textpattern 4.4.1 installation, but can’t run de Install Wizard of mem_selft_register (all the necesary mem_stuf ok installed).

Whe I click plugins > mem_self_register > help > Installation Wizard appears a “Restricted area” at this URL:

mydomain.com/textpattern/index.php?event=self-reg&step=preinstall&area=admin

and the plugin don’t works

I have tried to deactivate all the other plugins installed excep mem_ ones, but no result.

¿any idea? Thank you!

SOLVED:

instaling v 0.9.6 instead 0.9.9

Last edited by milosevic (2011-12-16 17:45:49)

<txp:rocks/>

#383 2011-12-20 13:51:37

kevinpotts
Website

I am not sure why this plugin just will not work for me, but the following code, which is a copy and paste of Manfre’s example, does not function:

<txp:mem_self_password_reset_form>  
 <txp:mem_form_text name="name" label="Username:" /> <br /> 
 <txp:mem_form_text name="email" label="Email Address:" /> <br />
 <txp:mem_form_submit name="submit" label="Submit" />
 </txp:mem_self_password_reset_form>

The form appears to submit, but no email is ever received. I have tried versions 0.9.7, 0.9.8, and 0.9.9. Yes, mem_forms is installed. Any clues? I’ve been chasing this for two days and am kind of lost.

#384 2012-02-13 13:42:09

geoff777
Plugin Author
Website

The installation wizard isn’t working on new installs.

As Jorge said you can install 0.9.6 – and it works.
Then upload the most recent atm 0.9.11 …

mem_self_password_reset_form – is throwing up all sorts of errors.
It’s the part I need …

Forms missing that are built into the plugin.
Tag attributes that are valid new_form_mail for example if you use it it isn’t recognised.

Front-side user login remains a complete nightmare on Textpattern.
I’m into my third day and I have a login box to show for my time … I’m going to have get my users to have their passwords tattooed onto a suitable body part.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

#385 2014-01-21 19:46:45

admi
Website

jeroenvg wrote #229557:

this is missing from mem_form 0.6/ mem_self_register 0.9.1, but available in mem_form 0.7/ mem_self_register 0.9.3, though not working on my install.

i mailed Manfre a fix. resolved (sorry for the noise).

Can anybody direct me as for using admin_bcc and mem_self_new_user_priv for I could not find any clear instructions on how to use the tags? I use this code and needless to say it does not send email to admin nor confers privs on a newly registered user.

<txp:mem_self_register_form from="mail@gmail.com" subject="[MySite] Hello!" thanks_form="THANX" admin_bcc="1"  new_user_priv="4" />

or do I have to edit the php code itself?

$mem_self = array(
				'admin_email'		=>	'',
				'admin_name'		=>	'',
				'admin_bcc'			=>	'0',
				'new_user_priv'		=>	'0',
				'status'			=>	false,
				'status_message'	=>	'You are already registered.',
				'email_message'		=>	''

Board footer