Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2006-01-20 17:21:37

mrdale
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] mdp_calendar

Does the small calendar always output a list or articles rather than a single article even if there is only one article in the list?

#98 2006-01-20 17:37:36

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Does the small calendar always output a list or articles rather than a single article even if there is only one article in the list?

Yes :)

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

#99 2006-01-20 17:39:39

mrdale
Website

Is there any way to get around this with conditionals?

#100 2006-01-20 18:11:09

mrdale
Website

Greenrift> It would be nice to add a tag called “time” and have it accept “any” “future” or “past” like the article tag.

I have a project where my article form will display only future events, while the callendar will display all.

Last edited by mrdale (2006-01-20 18:16:23)

#101 2006-02-07 12:16:33

Nonsense

I’ve got some wierd problems.

First of all the “alt” tag displays the wrong date when I place the cursor over an event in the calendar.
If the event takes place 22 feb it states 23 feb. Huh?
The date in the calendar is right but, the “hover” date is wrong.

And then there’s anther thing bugging me. Doesn’t the tag “ form=“whatever” “ work with mdp_calendar?
When I click on a date in the calendar the article is displayed as listform and not form.

BTW I agree with mrdale a additional tag which states time would be useful.

Thanks for a good plugin.

#102 2006-03-02 13:44:55

khellstr
Website

Hi
I’m working with small theatre site and I want to have a calendar which highlights the show dates as in picture below. The thing is I don’t want/need any links or relations to articles, just day’s highlighted.

How I think it could work, is that I have customfield showdays and end-user insert something like march06(8,12,21,22,25),April06(8,12,21,22,25)… to the customfield. And the plugin would parse out array and render calendar(s).

I don’t know if this is right approach to this problem, or should i find some simplier php calendar and try to make txp plugin from it. (I have no idea yet how to do that). I know php very(very) little, but I suppose getting showdates in array instead of finding articles would not be big problem. I just don’t have any idea how get customfield(or any) variable to php code and how to parse it right. Bigger problem could be how to make plugin render multiple calendars depending on which month there is a showdate. and.. and..

I would be very thankful If someone gives me some advice.

#103 2006-03-05 22:43:53

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ve updated the version 1.0. I’m hoping that everything will work as it should.

mdp_calendar

• Bug Fix: The time zone and offset problems should be taken care of.
  • Change: The “time” attribute has been added, you can use it to control which articles should be displayed. “any”, “past” (default), and “future” are the possible values.
  • Update: If when using the small calendar you are getting an empty list after clicking on a day, check that you set the “time” attribute of the txp:article tag to “any”. You might need to use some conditional statements to get this to work as you really want.

Again, keep me updated if something doesn’t work out right. I do keep tabs on this stuff, just not committing as much time as I used to.

Last edited by greenrift (2006-03-08 20:26:23)

#104 2006-03-08 19:32:38

chariscomp

Hello,

I am using your great plugin on my church’s website at http://www.sobc.info. I have a feature request, though. It would be really great if it was possible to specify some extra markup to be used for a given category or list of categories. I.e. I have some birthday events on the calendar; I also have some regular events. I have the birthday events all created with a category of birthday. It would be great if I could do something like:
<code>
<txp:mdp_calendar_large section=“events” id=“main_calendar” displayfuture=“1”>
<txp:mdp_calendar_category name=“birthdays” wraptag=“span” class=“birthday” />
<txp:mdp_calendar_category name=“regular” wraptag=“span” class=“regular” />
</txp:mdp_calendar_large>
</code>

Where name=name of category, class=css class and wraptag=tag to be used to wrap link in

What I am trying to do would be to have different ways of displaying the links depending on category. It would also be nice if I could add a small image or icon depending on category. I guess that could be done with the class and CSS styling.

I also wish there was some way to handle multi-day events. I read one post on a way to do it, but wondered if this has made it into the main plugin or if you are considering something different.

Also, I wanted to have a list of all events underneath the calendar that would follow along with the calendar. I was able to do this with some php code. I am posting it here in case it helps someone else.
<code>
<txp:php>
$vars=array();
$vars=$GLOBALS[“_GET”];
$month=$vars[“m”];
$year=$vars[“y”];
if (strlen($month)==1) {
$month=“0”.$month;
}
echo “<txp:chh_article_custom limit=99999 form=‘event_single’ listform=‘event_main’ section=‘events’ month=’$year-$month’ time=‘any’ sortdir=‘asc’ />”;
</txp:php>
</code>

Basically, this code creates a txp:chh_article_custom tag that pulls the month and year from the URL in the same way this plugin does. You can see it in action at http://sobc.info/events

I appreciate all you are doing with this. Let me know if I can help on any of this. I have some PHP experience. I might even have a go at adding support for the first feature request. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by chariscomp (2006-03-08 19:33:55)

#105 2006-03-31 20:00:27

ragger
Website

Nice plugin!

Two problems though:

• Link hover shows date plus 1 ( …title=”*31*-03-06”>*30*</a> ).
  • Following a datelink leads to the right article, but comments / commentform are gone.

Hmm, I hope I made myself clear :) Otherwise check my site
TIA.

Last edited by ragger (2006-03-31 20:30:07)

#106 2006-03-31 22:02:53

mrdale
Website

Yeah, I noticed that I’m still having time offset problems on my calendars. Hopefully mrRift can get those problems licked.

#107 2006-04-01 07:30:42

Quincas

Hey Marshall, how are you?

Michael Bester set up a website for my band, Quinquilharia Samba Punk, at www.sambapunk.com, and we’re using your callendar plugin. It’s been buggy, I updated it today to 1.0, which you have up on your website, and it didn’t help, The weekdays are shifted from the actual day of the month, the portuguese version doesn’t show the accented letters, and clicking on the lighted dates leads to an empty page, when it should link to the article that made it light up in the first place…
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Q

#108 2006-04-01 14:31:28

Quincas

Hey! sorry, I was hasty… Logged on today and the calendar is working fine after updating to 1.0
Lost the portuguese version, but I’m sure that’s an easy edit, I’ll figure it out…
Thanks for this great plug in! For a band website’s gigs page comes in very handy!
Peace
Q

Board footer