duchamp
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] mdp_calendar

Gmt -3:00

#62 2005-08-01 10:53:32

Vitruvius
Plugin Author

mmm – I have mine at GMT +10.00 and it won’t display articles on the 1st of the month. You have yours set at GMT -3 and it won’t display the last day…

Time and offsets have never been my strong point. I’ll sleep on it and see if my mind can figure it out…

SH

#63 2005-08-01 12:08:45

duchamp
Website

Well, mine is showing the first day events without troubles (just using firstday=1), not sure if this is exactly a problem with the time offset ‘cause I tryied to change it to different settings and the event on last day of the month is still dissapeared. Maybe a function like firstday=1 but for the lastday … I don’t know, I haven’t the skills to solve this (and if I do it it’s just lucky!).

#64 2005-08-01 23:24:08

Vitruvius
Plugin Author

I don’t think it has got anything to do with the firstday=1 attribute. I think something is going on with the way it works out the date display from the server time and the GMT offset. Something is happening there which maybe makes some dates illegal or something – so it doesn’t show them. It might actually be the calendar display code. When I get a moment I’ll have a non-programmers look at it… :)

#65 2005-08-02 23:48:26

duchamp
Website

Anyway, I’m looking forward for a solution to this issue and some others.
Thanks for your time!

#66 2005-08-05 14:40:07

june

Hi,

I’ve been using the other calendar thread to post my problems but since greenrift said:
“Please use this thread for now on when talking about my calendar plugin.”

…I’ll post my problem here too.

Basically when I click on any calendar date, I get all of the events not just the ones specific to that day. I’ve tried several of the “fixes” that are on either forum thread but nothing has worked.

Even though I have the sgb_url_handler installed….I tried switching between url modes to see if that helped. With the sgb_url_handler turned on or off here is what I get:

section/title -> lists all events
messy -> lists all events
year/month/day/title – I get my welcome/default page…and it will only show the welcome article….not the event articles

The results above are the same regardless if sgb_url is on or off and regardless of many suggested changes (like to the publish file and txp-prefs and en-us files).

So if you do have the calendar working if you could answer the following Qs maybe that would help me troubleshoot

- what version of txp are you using?
- what version of mdp_calendar are you using?
- what url mode are you using?
- do you have sgb-url installed? is it on?
- did you make changes to any files to get this to work?
- what code do you use to display the articles?

any help would be really appreciated!

On a side note, I figured out how to get the days of the week to display like this:
S M T W T F S

If you want the code I used, please let me know.

I think thats it.

thanks!

june

#67 2005-08-10 23:25:32

duchamp
Website

Any idea about the problem mentioned before with last day events not showed?

Thx

#68 2005-08-16 14:20:49

june

So most of my calendar is functional now…finally. Now I’m just having trouble displaying both past and present dates. All of the days that have events are highlighted in the calendar, but lists of events are only displayed for past days. If I add time=“future” to the article tag then the future days work but none of the past days work. Is there anyway I can have both past and present events displayed?

thanks!

june

#69 2005-08-16 15:15:33

june

to answer my own question time=“any” seem to do the trick. Sorry, I didn’t know what values time could have. Is this listed anywhere? I know “any,” “future,” and “now.” Does “past exist as well?

thanks!

june

#70 2005-08-16 15:28:40

duchamp
Website

Sorry, but I miss something … where do you put that tag (time=”any”)?
Can you explain a little bit, please, maybe that solve something for my trouble .. who knows …

Thx

#71 2005-08-16 16:22:59

june

duchamp – this is the code I have for my page template:

<code>
<txp:article time=“any” form=“event_article” listform=“events_list” sortby=“posted” sortdir=“asc” category=“event” section=“events” />
</code>

In other words time=“any” goes on the tag that actually displays the article, <code><txp:article /></code>

hope that helps!

-june

#72 2005-08-16 22:21:13

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

For people having problems with that first / last day disappearing articles, could you guys EMAIL me two things:
  1. The timezone of the server you are on.
  2. Your set GMT offset.

Make sure you’re running the latest version of TXP as well (old 4.0) and latest of my plugin. This way I can atleast try to recreate your situations.

Board footer