Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2005-06-20 06:06:06

Vitruvius
Plugin Author

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] mdp_calendar

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this thread…

I am still having this very weird problem where articles posted to the 1st of the month do not appear on the mdp_calendar_large output.

I am calling the plugin using:

<code><txp:mdp_calendar_large category=“Events” section=“secure” displayfuture=“1” dayformat=“FULL” firstday=“1” class=“cal_box” /></code>

I can get any other date working fine – but I’m completely stumped as to why it wouldn’t be displaying events/articles posted with a date equal to the 1st of the month… Any suggestions (no matter how left field) would be appreciated.

SH

Last edited by Vitruvius (2005-06-20 06:07:33)

#50 2005-06-20 16:20:58

trailgirl
Website

I tried to duplicate the problem, but with section=“Events” (where I have my events) and without the class. I tried a date of July 1, 2005 at 10am. It shows up except it’s under “Sunday” rather than Friday. If I have firstday set to 1 it makes Tuesday the first day of the week. (I think there’s a localization file somewhere I’d have to change for my web server.) What is the first day of the week on your calendar? Sun or Mon?

#51 2005-06-20 19:52:37

Vitruvius
Plugin Author

I have tried changing the firstday. It is currently set at ‘1’ (or Monday). The weird thing is that the articles published to that date disappear. They don’t seem to display anywhere else.

#52 2005-06-21 01:10:45

Vitruvius
Plugin Author

I think I am getting somewhere debugging this. It appears to be related to timezone correction. But this is only a guess.

My server is in the timezone GMT -5, but I and the site’s main audience are in GMT +10 (so TXP’s timezone is set as GMT +10 – which I presume is correct).

I have noted that I can get articles to appear on the 1st of the month if I muck around with the timezone correction in the TXP prefs.

Having said that – I can’t understand why this would be affecting the display of only articles on the 1st of a month.

On another track – I note on Greenrift’s site that there was a bug that stopped the display of articles within the first nine days of the month. This might be related??

#53 2005-06-24 12:30:43

ajitabhpandey
Website

I got the mdp_calender on my blog page

Check
http://www.ajitabhpandey.info/?s=weblog

As you can see there are various links on the calender, if you place your mouse over, say 2nd June, you will find that the title says 03/06/2005 and on third of june it says 04/06/2005. Also when you click on any of the links you get the same page back, although there were articles published on that date. Can someone please help fixing that. The calender is currently being displayed by following code.
<pre><code> <div id=“calender”> <txp:mdp_calendar_small section=“weblog” /> </div>
</code></pre>

Any ideas how to fix that. What I have noticed is that if I specify a category then I get a list of articles in that category only, but if I specify only a section I should get a list of all articles in that section, irrelevent of the category, and that is what is not happening.

#54 2005-06-30 02:47:42

paularms
Website

posted in another thread…

Problem: when I click on a date the page reloads and still displays all posts while ?month=2005-06-15 should only show the posts for june 15.

I’m also having the same problem… does anyone know what the heck we’re doing wrong?

#55 2005-06-30 13:03:57

duchamp
Website

Here I comes again with the question … what can I do with the small calendar if I’m using section/title instead of date URLs?
Is there a hack or something to make each day link to the corresponding page-article?
… maybe using the URLs handler?
What do you do with this subject?

Thx in advance

#56 2005-07-03 20:25:17

fischsuppe

> ajitabhpandey wrote:

> I got the mdp_calender on my blog page

Check
http://www.ajitabhpandey.info/?s=weblog

As you can see there are various links on the calender, if you place your mouse over, say 2nd June, you will find that the title says 03/06/2005 and on third of june it says 04/06/2005. Also when you click on any of the links you get the same page back, although there were articles published on that date. Can someone please help fixing that. The calender is currently being displayed by following code.
<pre><code> <div id=“calender”> <txp:mdp_calendar_small section=“weblog” /> </div>
</code></pre>

Any ideas how to fix that. What I have noticed is that if I specify a category then I get a list of articles in that category only, but if I specify only a section I should get a list of all articles in that section, irrelevent of the category, and that is what is not happening.

Had the same ‘problem’. Are you sure, you have written an article already this month ;)? I had not :| !

#57 2005-07-27 03:21:49

Vitruvius
Plugin Author

Team, friends, countrymen/women – how are we going to coax Greenrift back to help with this plugin… I heard on the grapevine that he is not dead – just gone and got himself a real job.

Problem is I have rolled this plugin out in a live site and it still has a niggling little bug where it won’t display articles published on the first of any month.

Greenrift – put a ransom on v1.0 of mdp_calendar – I’ll happily contribute :) – but please (pretty please) come back and help!

SH

#58 2005-07-27 03:29:50

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

If not otherwise noted all plugins are GPL meaning anyone can pickup where someone left off. Allthough the last update was on the first of june so that wasn’t that long ago, maybe he will himself pick it up.

Plugins: ob1_advanced_search 1.032b, ob1_search_score 1.0, ob1_pagination 2.5, ob1_title 4.1, ob1_modified 2.1

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
— Sun Tzu

#59 2005-08-01 09:25:37

duchamp
Website

A few days ago I realise that the calendar is not showing events for the last day of each month!
What is wrong?

<code> <txp:mdp_calendar_large firstday=“1” displayfuture=“1” section=“events” /> </code>

That’s what I have on the “Events” main section.
Eg. if today I publish a future event for the 31, august nothing is showed in that day/cell
The same happens if change the date for the last day of a past month, eg. june

Anyone with the same trouble?

Any idea?

Thx in advance

Last edited by duchamp (2005-08-01 09:33:15)

#60 2005-08-01 09:52:08

Vitruvius
Plugin Author

I’m guessing that this is a related problem to the one displaying on my site where articles will not show on the 1st day of the month. I wonder what time offset you have set in your TXP prefs?

Board footer