Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2005-05-26 21:03:09

theturninggate
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] mdp_calendar

Is there a way to set up the calendar so that it displays article results on a page other than ‘default’. I’ve got a site I’d love to use the small calendar for, but my ‘default’ page is a little unusual. Most of my articles run off a page called ‘news’ and that’s the page I think I need to be using to output article results from clicking a date on the calendar. Any ideas? Or a perhaps a possibility for the next version?

(I know Marshall, I keep asking a lot of you on this plugin! I’m sorry!)

#26 2005-05-26 22:10:23

duchamp
Website

Well, well, I’ve got a ton of questions. The first thing is that I’m feeling that this plugin needs a well explained doc with all the FAQs (this is not a critique, just a wish).
I installed the plugin in my TXP RC3. The calendar works but not as I need, for example:

How I use it without tables?

How to use it with clean URLs (Im using TXP in this way > root/section/article_name)?
— the links on the calendar looks like > root/?month=2005-05-19&s=SectionName
but that link takes me to the index page of that section not to the article specific page!

Is still needed to hack anything?

Each day with a link has this code:

< td class = “hasarticle” >< a href = “theURL” class = “hasarticle” >12 < /a > (of course without that spaces)

The second class into the href has no sense for me, how can I take it out?

Internationalization of dates?
I’m using Lang ES (Spanish) and just have the Month translated, all the days of the week are still in english.

Enough for today.

Thx in advance

Last edited by duchamp (2005-05-27 00:23:01)

#27 2005-05-27 16:32:03

mrdale
Website

I’m getting there with this plugin, but I still need a little help, anyone?

»How do I get mdp_calendar to produce clean urls?
»Is there any way for an article list page generated by mdp_calendar to NOT be considered a section frontpage? Then I could use a conditional to style content differently.
»The class=“className” attribute has no effect.

Thanks in advance…

Last edited by mrdale (2005-05-27 16:33:00)

#28 2005-05-29 19:06:56

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ve updated the release over this weekend. Please upgrade and email me if you find any other bugs.

v0.4.2 2005-05-29
  • Bug Fix: Calendar now produces correct output for the starting day of the week
  • Bug Fix: class attribute works.
  • Bug Fix: Dual “hasarticle” class removed. The “hasarticle” class only applies to the table cell.
  • Bug Fix: Day names are now internationalized. If using a custom date format, convert it to strftime format!
  • Bug Fix: Table not having assigned class
  • Compatibility Fix: ?date=yyyy-mm-dd URL’s now changed into ?month. Allows older links to work
  • New: links to articles now have title attribute set

Last edited by greenrift (2005-05-29 23:05:56)

#29 2005-05-29 22:49:39

duchamp
Website

Great! Going to update right now!
Thanks a ton.

#30 2005-05-30 08:52:51

duchamp
Website

> Bug Fix: Day names are now internationalized. If using a custom date format, convert it to strftime format!

Well, that’s right but for some reason accents are replaced by a ?.
EG.: In spanish Miércoles are showed as Mi? and Sábado as S?b

> Bug Fix: Dual “hasarticle” class removed. The “hasarticle” class only applies to the table cell.

Great!

> # Compatibility Fix: ?date=yyyy-mm-dd URL’s now changed into ?month. Allows older links to work

Im not sure if I’m doing all the right work. Im still having troubles with links and URLs.
Each linked day has this format:

SITE URL/?month=2005-05-13&s=Section

My TXP is configured to show URLs as /section/title … could this work with the calendar or I must to change it to /year/month/day/title?

> New: links to articles now have title attribute set

Not on mine! I just have a simple link without the title attribute.

#31 2005-05-30 19:51:51

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> duchamp wrote:
> Bug Fix: Day names are now internationalized. If using a custom date format, convert it to strftime format!
> Well, that’s right but for some reason accents are replaced by a ?.
> EG.: In spanish Miércoles are showed as Mi? and Sábado as S?b

Yah I noticed that to. It’s a problem with the character encoding and such using strftime(). I’ll try to use safe_strftime and upload an update today.

> # Compatibility Fix: ?date=yyyy-mm-dd URL’s now changed into ?month. Allows older links to work

> Im not sure if I’m doing all the right work. Im still having troubles with links and URLs.
> Each linked day has this format:
> SITE URL/?month=2005-05-13&s=Section
> My TXP is configured to show URLs as /section/title … could this work with the calendar or I must to change it to /year/month/day/title?

Unless you use sgb_url_handler, there’s no other way to tell TXP to use articles from a specific date without using the messy URL (or the /year/month/day/title).

> New: links to articles now have title attribute set
> Not on mine! I just have a simple link without the title attribute.
I guess I should have mentioned that the small calendar doesn’t apply to this. I’ll try to add a little “May 14” type deal.

#32 2005-05-30 20:08:37

duchamp
Website

Thanks for your reply and the explanations!

> Unless you use sgb_url_handler, there’s no other way to tell TXP

Oops! Im going to pay a view to that plugin, I didn’t realise about that! (it really solves that problem?)

> I guess I should have mentioned that the small calendar doesn’t apply to this. I’ll try to add a little “May 14” type deal.

Hope to see the title attribute soon! I guess it helps a ton when you use the small calendar as events calendar.

Cheers!

#33 2005-05-30 23:40:30

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

On the sgb_url_handler, I don’t believe the current version is working properly. Also, the small version of my calendar only outputs the datebased URL’s when you’re using that URL mode. So right now it won’t work, but it may in the future.

#34 2005-05-31 05:04:00

mrdale
Website

Items on the first day of the week are not displaying for me.

#35 2005-05-31 16:55:48

duchamp
Website

I didn’t try it, but if the large calendar has all the features that I want for the small calendar, is there any way to hack the large one to fit a small area? I’m going to try ….

#36 2005-06-01 15:08:34

duchamp
Website

> greenrift wrote:

> Yah I noticed that to. It’s a problem with the character encoding and such using strftime().
> I’ll try to use safe_strftime and upload an update today.

I’ve done and works ok. Now, miércoles is showed as mié, no more strange characters.

Thx

Last edited by duchamp (2005-06-01 17:21:59)

Board footer