Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2006-12-08 20:11:23

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Re: asy_jpcache 0.9.8 - Fast Full Page Caching

No,I think it’s actually a bug in the code of the plugin. I vaguely remember something about it… unfortunately I am currently short on time, and will be for a another week or two. Hopefully someone else will be able to point out the place in the code where to fix it in the meantime.

#86 2006-12-11 11:59:39

thedogg

Thanks Sencer, let’s see what happens then….so far it’s just annoying and certainly not a showstopper for me. I like the fact that it speeds up page loading.

#87 2006-12-13 13:56:52

merz1
Website

Re: #81 ‘database unavailable’ is cached

I can confirm the issue. I mentioned that already in http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=125280#p125280

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#88 2006-12-14 09:40:11

hablablow
Website

Markus,

Maybie when Sencer has time he will show up with a solution… Maybie adding an id check in the cached files could solve this issue… Sencer ? Is this tricky to setup ?…
Cheese,

_
_I plant seeds for future visions. Farmer of your eyes. Subliminal engineer of your minds. eion founder__

Hablablow + Webdesignofficina

#89 2006-12-14 16:16:41

merz1
Website

Well, there are some conceptual issues …

Every check eats performance. Parsing for text in result pages is pretty slow. So at least that check must be configurable (yes/no).

Then you will not know that error page until it happens. As far as I know the result page comes from the hosting environment and not from the Textpattern core. You can only provoke that error page on a root server by disabling the database. In a shared hosting environment you can only change the user/password.

It would be nice if Textpattern would have a core feedback code for “database unavailable”.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#90 2007-01-24 21:01:27

gaza
Website

I know that there’s new updated instructions on how to install this plugin inside the downloaded zip. But the old instructions are still in the original post and can be confusing… maybe they can be updated with the new ones?

Here’s how to install it:

Installation

1. Copy the directory jpcache and its contents into your main directory. It should be right next to your images and your textpattern directory (on a default install).

2. Make sure that the jpcache/cache directory can be written to. Usually chmod 777 jpcache/cache/ will do the trick.

3. Edit your index.php in the main directory and BEFORE

include $txpcfg[‘txpath’].’/publish.php’; insert the following line: include ‘./jpcache/jpcache.php’; (IMPORTANT: do NOT edit textpattern/index.php )

4. Don’t forget to activate this Admin-plugin.

5. Optional: Look inside jpcache/jpcache-config.php to change a few settings, like enabling Debugging, permanently turning off gzip-encoding, changing timout, skipping feeds, re-enabling logging etc.

If you are experiencing problems (or want to deactivate jpcache), comment out the line in your index.php that you added:

//include ‘./jpcache/jpcache.php’;

#91 2007-03-06 17:27:36

dbulli
Website

I get the following error:
Notice: Use of undefined constant TXP_DEBUG – assumed ‘TXP_DEBUG’ in /textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 72

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getmicrotime() in /textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 77

nuff-respec ::: dannyb

#92 2007-03-06 17:54:46

dbulli
Website

added these lines … even though help said after config.php with logging enabled ..

include $txpcfg[‘txpath’].’/lib/constants.php’;
include $txpcfg[‘txpath’].’/lib/txplib_misc.php’;
include ‘./jpcache/jpcache.php’;

all seemed to work well … except my home page was blank when i put www.nuff-respec.com/ without the index.php

nuff-respec ::: dannyb

#93 2007-05-20 17:22:29

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

This plugin is working well for me, except that the cache is not cleaned when a comment is posted. In the source of the plugin we can read a comment:

// We do not have a callback when comments are posted on the front_end
// but that's ok, I hacked some magic into jpcache-main.php

But the magic is not working (at least for me) :-)

In TxP 4.0.4 we have a new callback when someone post a comment. So you just need to substitute the comment with:

register_callback("asy_flush_event", "comment.save");

And now everything works.

Last edited by juanjonavarro (2007-05-20 17:23:05)

#94 2007-05-20 19:15:04

merz1
Website

Any idea when flushing the cache will happen if comments are moderated?

On my site comments are moderated and I would expect the cache to be flushed when I publish the comment from the admin area.

#95 2007-05-20 19:25:15

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

I think it is flushed when the comment is posted (on the public side).

You can always flush the cache from the “extensions” tab when you publish the comment on the admin area.

#96 2007-05-21 15:07:19

merz1
Website

Yep, that was my question.

Adding the hack if the cache is flushed when the commentor posts his comment is not really helpful if you have comments moderated.

But thanks for the hack anyway. There may be other sites…

Board footer