Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [archived] jcb_columnize_body

#85 2006-03-01 16:25:58

-rr-

Re: [archived] jcb_columnize_body

An idea: a tag that will break the columns to split long texts into chunks such as:

aaaa | bbbb
aaaa | bbbb
aaaa | bbbb

cccc | dddd
cccc | dddd
cccc | dddd

eeee | ffff
eeee | ffff
eeee | ffff

???

#86 2006-10-25 03:21:00

argentorange

Hi, I’m currently using jcb_columnize v.4 on my website: www.marqueemultimedia.com
It’s the coolest plugin ever. However the page doesn’t validate because the div class ‘columnized2’ is placed before a </p>. Is there a way to make it not do this?

Appreciate your help!

#87 2006-11-17 06:09:21

jimb
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Wow, I, uh, sort of got sidetracked learning Ruby and Python at my job and I haven’t finished the updates to the plugin I promised so long ago.

argentorange, I went to your site and couldn’t find the code you’re talking about- but I’d be happy to tweak the code if you need it to do something slightly different.

If there’s still interest in this plugin I’ll try to take a look at finishing it- I’m still really busy but I can probably find some time for it soon.

#88 2007-12-12 16:15:38

alicson
Website

I adore this plugin (running version 0.5). Thank you Jim.

*edit: 5 —> 0.5

Last edited by alicson (2007-12-12 16:16:07)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#89 2008-04-15 15:31:13

merz1
Website

Jim are you still around. I am just thinking about some cases where I could use your plug-in but I would feel much safer if the author is still hanging around :)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#90 2008-04-15 16:24:44

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Holy cow, thanks for posting to this thread, merz1. How did this gem slip through my fingers? I was looking for a plugin that did something similar to this last month; it was a 3-col layout actually, but I think it’s fairly easy to adapt from this plugin with a bit of maths.

Can’t believe I never spotted this, thanks again! I’m going to put on my hacking trousers…

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#91 2008-04-15 20:41:57

merz1
Website

Bloke Stef, maybe you can get in contact with Jim (and do a little plug-in code review).

The actual version 0.5 supports multi column maths. I just went through the abruptly stopping whole thread and jcb_columnize_body really looks like a cool tool for many purposes when multi columns are needed.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#92 2008-11-10 00:16:26

pomeid

Hi there,

I’m noob with textparttern and not precisely a hard css/html coder.

I’m working on a site that will have hundreds of articles in one section, and I want the article listing for that section on two columns, in order to get more results by page. Tipical top “A – Z” menu with a item-list ordered by name below. The article page itself, will be ‘single column’.

Is this plugin the best way for doing this? I’ve playing with it, (and with textpattern all weekend) but I don’t know how to accomplish; wherever I tried to put the jcb_columnize code I get no response (plugin is active, yes; css for columnized1 & 2 are set). Any tips o how to’s?

Thanks!

#93 2008-12-10 11:53:45

Alfie

What a great plugin, I too cant believe this slipped through my fingers (i’ve been using txp for over a year now) I have been designing website for 5+ years but only really in the last 18 months started to use CMS’s. It easy to work out how to split one lump of text into 2 collums using divs and a little css.

What I have never managed uderstand is how does this then work with CMS’s (so the end user can easily update the site and have what they write split into 2 colums without them having to edit the divs etc) the way I thought of doing it is to create 2 seperate articles (containing the first half and second half of the whole text) and then insert them both into the layout but ive never tried it (not enough time or too lazy to really think about it) so its a god send to finally find this plugin.

My question is (and just for info really) is how did people get arounbd this before????

Also are there any examples where people have used this??? Thanks

Cheers again

Alfie

EDIT; been trying this for about 30 mins now and for some reason cant get it to work. heres my code:

<h2><span><txp:title /></span></h2> <p><i><txp:excerpt /></i></p> <txp:jcb_columnize mode="string" arg=“++++++”><txp:body /></txp:jcb_columnize>

think i may me missing the point here

Last edited by Alfie (2008-12-10 13:01:27)

#94 2008-12-10 15:42:40

Alfie

ok I have checked my code and in the html the text is split up into 2 divs (columnized1 and 2) But they apear under each other and i have tripple checked the css. My mistake there was an error in my css file that was stopping the classes being read! OOOOPS!!!!!

Alfie

Last edited by Alfie (2008-12-10 15:55:03)

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [archived] jcb_columnize_body

Board footer