Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2005-10-16 13:27:02

ian_ep

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_admin_resize: Textarea Resizing

Same error here on a fresh TP installation. No other plugins installed. Seems this plugin does not like TP 4.01 …

#50 2005-10-17 10:01:51

jameslomax
Website

Also can’t use it on 4.0 – doesn’t change anything, and seems to conflict with Quickpik – turns it off!

#51 2005-10-29 16:31:59

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

I just posted version 0.2 of rss_admin_resize which will work with the latest revisions of TXP4.

Make sure you either have the latest version of the quikpik hack or revision 1055 or greater of txplib_head.php.

#52 2006-04-04 10:52:12

rblumberg
Website

I’m having a conflict between rss_admin_resize and hak_tinymce. The text input fields on the Textpattern “Write” screen are resized, but a second textarea with the tinymce controls appears below each one. Is there any way to resolve the conflict, so that I can have textareas that are a little wider than the default that Textpattern provides, but still give my users Tinymce to ease their transition to a new authoring system?

Thanks.

Richard

#53 2006-04-04 12:48:01

hakjoon
Website

You can use tinyMCE to resize the textarea if you want. Use a new init form and specify a width. Heights are unfortunately hardcoded right now, but I’ll try to fix that in a future release.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#54 2006-04-05 08:59:12

skoggy
Website

A nice feature for the next versions to come, could be possibility to change order of the fields… at least I would love to have excerpt between the title and article box… (?)

#55 2006-04-07 14:58:27

rblumberg
Website

hakjoon wrote:

You can use tinyMCE to resize the textarea if you want. Use a new init form ….

Where would I find the “init form”? I’ve looked through the js source and can’t find any obvious place to insert a width attribute, and there’s no init form in my TP forms array. It’s not a huge deal, and I’m overall majorly impressed with TinyMCE, but it would be nice to provide something that works maximally well in the browsers that most of my users are working with.

Thanks.

Richard

#56 2006-04-07 15:07:44

hakjoon
Website

By default it uses a built in form that does not show up in the form area. However you can create a form with the initialization and have the plugin use that instead. Look under the extensions tab for the admin panel.

The default parameters are in the help page.

I’m hoping to build a better customization tool. The form thing is just a temporary stop gap.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#57 2006-04-07 17:17:44

rblumberg
Website

Thanks, hakjoon….

That worked. For anyone else looking to change the size of the input text box with hak_tinymce, here’s exactly what I did.

• From the admin tab, I clicked plugins.
  • I then clicked on the “help” link for hak_tinymce.
  • I selected the entire text of the default initialization string on that page.
  • I then switched to the presentation tab and selected forms.
  • I created a new form, pasted the text into the text box, and changed the last line to set the width to “500” instead of the default “400”.
  • I saved the new form with the name “hak_tinymce_init” and type “misc” (not that name and type are significant).

And that was that. The write input field is now wider, which is what I wanted.

#58 2006-04-08 15:37:10

blueprint
Website

Thanks rblumberg,

It was a great help for me writing down the steps to follow; otherwise I wouldn’t be able to find out how it worked.
However, when I followed the steps, it didn’t work. I found out that I had to take another step:

in the hak_tinymce Preferences you have to fill in the name of the form that is used for initialisation; I saved the form under the name: hak_tinymce_init, and you have to fill in that name in the box with the title ‘The form to use for tinyMCE initialization.’ and save it. Thats all.

And now it works, and its great. Thanks.

#59 2006-07-14 09:02:44

valmeria

I have the same problem when using the plug in :

<code>Notice: Undefined index: qpSelectOnly in /home/www/vhosts/e-soc.org/httpdocs/online/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 163</code>

Admin plugins are activated. I’m using the 4.0.3 version and no way to get any size changed. I’m also using sometimes the hak_tinymce and by this way, as said above, I can get a changed size, but I’m not always using it … and would like to custom even when I’m using Textile o whatever.

Thanks for help.

#60 2006-08-18 20:20:31

hurty

I see a similar message, and the plugin does not cause the text areas to be resized according to the settings on the resize tab.

Notice: Undefined index: qpSelectOnly in /home/.dibey/daytrotter/daytrotter.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 166

I’m using Textpattern 4.0.3.

Mark

Board footer