Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-10-29 18:20:38

hakjoon
Website

Re: hak_textile_tags

That’s so weird. I got it to happen on my site by creating a copy of your comments page Let me see if I can figure out what is causing this.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#14 2005-10-29 19:21:27

hakjoon
Website

And in more bizarre news the problem seems to be that if you have any images on the page Opera runs the onLoad event twice. This just makes no sense, but you’ll notice it happens on this page with an image

I’m going to try and see if maybe it’s the method I’m using to register the event and hopefully find a way around it. In the meantime if this is really causing a problem you could try to call all the images in your comments popup through the style sheet. That seems to not generate the double call to onLoad.

I hate browser bugs.

#15 2005-10-29 20:20:18

-P-

I don´t think it is only ´cause of images… or well, same happens here and all the images are called from stylesheet except default avatar.

(note, that url is going to be valid only till some time at sunday, it´s test url before final release)

I did comment out img -tag from plugin. But I tested also with the tag and same weird behaviour :D

And yes, I do hate browser bugs soooooo much. JUST when I though site is about ready, looks decent with Mozilla, FF and IE, I went and checked the whole thing with Opera and… well.

I did notice other strange thing Opera also does, it loses scrollbar from comments popup. But that of course is a different issue.

Last edited by -P- (2005-10-29 20:56:27)

#16 2005-10-29 22:08:23

hakjoon
Website

I basically took everything out of your comments page line by line to see if I could figure out what was happening and like clockwork it happens if there is an img tag in the page. You’ll notice here that there is a new toolbar for every distinct image on the page plus the original toolbar.

You’ll notice on your page that 2 of the gravatar links are unique becuase they have different gravatar_ids and then you have the “site hosting and design” image at the bottom which gives you the 3 extra quicktag toolbars. It’s pretty ridiculous that this happens I’m going to see if I can figure out a way around it.

#17 2005-10-29 22:53:14

hakjoon
Website

Ok version 0.1.1 is up. It seems to take care of the Opera problem. I added a check to see if the quicktags had been initialized already and that seems to deal with it.

hak_textile_tags.txt

#18 2005-10-30 08:31:11

-P-

> hakjoon wrote:

<blockquote>and then you have the “site hosting and design” image at the bottom which gives you the 3 extra quicktag toolbars.</blockquote>

Hups… * feeling like an idiot *

But thank you so much about fixing this! I guess there are some people using Opera, nice to have this working for them. Browser compabilities are so pain in the ass.

#19 2005-10-30 19:59:42

hakjoon
Website

This was definitely something I would have fixed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I wasn’t sure how hard it was going to be, which was why I was offering workarounds.

Luckily it wasn’t too difficult. And btw, I really like your site design.

Last edited by hakjoon (2005-10-30 20:00:14)

#20 2005-10-30 20:39:16

-P-

If the only option would have been workarounds, I think I would had just continued with multiplied tags, since prefer having gravatars. And feel those quicktags beeing quite essential since many non-txp commenters don´t know how to use textile. Really appreciate your quick response.

And thank you from the compliment! * blush *

#21 2007-12-23 05:36:23

rsskga
Website

I don’t understand how to use this plugin. Can someone help? Where do I place the tags?

Swim Kitten, A Magento Site
When nothing but incredibly revealing dresses and swimwear will do

#22 2007-12-23 15:51:38

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

1. Install hak_textile_tags
  2. Activate it
  3. Place <txp:hak_textile_tag /> to your form named commet_form

Cheers!

#23 2007-12-23 16:43:10

jstubbs
Website

Looking into one of these plugins right now – I take it hak_textile_tags is for the comment form on the front end, and upm_quicktags is for the admin side?

Any other recommendations? hak_tinymce eats up TXP tags as I understand it, so I can’t use that. Basic need is to make it easier for editors on the backend to use Textile.

#24 2007-12-24 05:45:44

hakjoon
Website

Originally there was supposed to be an admin version of hak_textile_tags (it’s actually coded) I decided it was better to implement it as part of upm_quicktags so that people didn’t have to chose. The textile implementation is not complete becuade when it was written there were certain limitations with upm_quicktags. It never seemed to garner much interest so I never went back and fixed. It would be fairly easy to fix or to release the admin version of hak_textile_tags

Board footer