Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2005-08-23 07:42:22

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Admin plugin: glx_admin_image_resize

if you explain that feature more i will look into it (seems to be a nice feature)

do i understand it right, that you want to change the colors of the image maybe to sepia or blacknwhite or something like this?

Samui? Samui! (about the life as farang in thailand)
David’s Neighbour

#110 2005-08-23 09:34:22

Souljacker
Website

> graumeister wrote:

> if you explain that feature more i will look into it (seems to be a nice feature)

>do i understand it right, that you want to change the colors of the image maybe to sepia or blacknwhite or something like this?

More simple than that (I think :) ).

I just want the thumbnail image to be more “washed out”. In other words, turning it’s Alpha channel a little bit down, so it’s color fades a little bit.

Would that be simple or wold it require several changes?

Sorry about those kind of questions, but I’m completely newbie in PHP image manipulation.

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited by Souljacker (2005-08-23 09:43:05)

#111 2005-08-23 11:19:38

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

i think it would be possible but not simple and need some time. i added it to the todolist.

David’s Neighbour

#112 2005-08-23 11:24:04

Souljacker
Website

> graumeister wrote:

> i think it would be possible but not simple and need some time. i added it to the todolist.

Thanks, I really apreciate that.

Meanwhile I’ll try to figure out how to make it work.

PS: I’ve found about a GD imagealphablending() function. Looks like it’s the way.

#113 2005-08-25 14:25:20

Souljacker
Website

As I couldn’t solve the GD issue I’ve managed to handle it, for the time being, with css.

I’ve anyone else is interested on the code, here is it. Just put it on the image id or class.

img {
filter:alpha(opacity=80);
-moz-opacity:0.8;
opacity: 0.8;
}

#114 2005-08-26 01:28:33

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

oh! thats cool. but how is ist with the implementation in various browsers? you have a testpage for that? i think filter works in ie and -moz-opacity in all mozes. opacity itself should not be supported yet. whats with opera?

David’s Neighbour

#115 2005-08-29 02:01:04

Souljacker
Website

It works in IE 5+, Mozila, Opera, Netscape.

It’s a vamp, though.

#116 2005-10-15 02:53:59

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

hi all. there is a new version available at grauhirn.org which adds heikkis changes for a better square-cropping.

David’s Neighbour

#117 2006-02-09 16:26:38

gogrin

i get the lib error problem also..
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate() in /home/gone/public_html/blog/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 191

and i chk the infophp thing and i cant seem to find any info about GD .. im kinda new at this, but still manage to get around, i think my host doesnt support it.. if thats the case is that a big problem in general to manage images? is there a way to make it work? install it? maybe i could call my host and tell them to install it? any suggestions?

#118 2006-03-26 19:36:46

mattgilbert

<font style=“text-decoration:line-through”>This must be a stupid question, but what tag do I use to place a thumbnail made with glx_admin_image?</font>

Nevermind, sorted that out.

Last edited by mattgilbert (2006-03-26 20:41:16)

#119 2006-03-26 20:48:28

mattgilbert

Having some trouble with the square thumbnail feature.

When I first upload an image, then set it you resize the image and create a square thumbnail of a certain size, then click “Resize”, everything looks good. It shows the resized image and a squarethumbnail, great.

But then I usually need to change the name of the image, so I do so and click “Save”. Then, upon refresh, the thumbnail is no longer square, and I can’t seem to get it back to square anymore.

Anyone else run into this? Could it be a plug-in conflict? I’m also using <a href=“http://awasteofwords.com/article/wetarticlethumb-thumbnail-tag-for-textpattern”>wet_article_thumb</a>, but i don’t think it generates thumbnails or anything, just provices a handy tag for placing them.

#120 2006-03-27 06:54:39

RHD
Website

I’ve run into that issue too, Matt. It seems that clicking the “save” button will create a new, non-square thumbnail regardless of any boxes/options you have checked.

I get around this little quirk in the obvious way: Make any changes to the caption, alt. text or category — and save them — before creating a square thumbnail. Make the thumbnail creation your last step. Not ideal, I guess, but it works.

Board footer