Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#217 2005-07-04 20:57:24

rossharvey
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] sgb_url_handler - support all url variations at the same time

I had that Jon, re-installation of the plugin removed the problem this end.

#218 2005-07-04 21:11:00

paularms
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] sgb_url_handler - support all url variations at the same time

I reinstalled sgb_url_handler and all of a sudden my CSS didn’t work. Had to turn off the plugin to get it working again.

#219 2005-07-04 21:30:47

jonhicks
Website

Reinstalling didn’t work, and neither did these changes

Does the url_handler plugin need any configuration? Or should it be able to work out of the box?

Last edited by jonhicks (2005-07-04 21:42:57)

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#220 2005-07-04 21:56:19

rossharvey
Website

No idea, I asked the same question in the post above yours. SGB seems to be ontop of helping people, so I guess it’s just a game of patience.

#221 2005-07-05 06:49:26

Souljacker
Website

I think I’m too dumb to make this work. Don’t understand what I have to do besides installing the pluging and making it ON.

Can anyone PLEASE help me?

#222 2005-07-05 20:19:37

jonhicks
Website

> Souljacker wrote:

> I think I’m too dumb to make this work. Don’t understand what I have to do besides installing the pluging and making it ON.

> Can anyone PLEASE help me?

Thats kind of how I feel! Are you stuck with the error handler or URL handler plugin?

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#223 2005-07-05 20:59:24

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

AFAIK, you should install the plugin, then edit it to set the configurations:
send_errors: whether/not you want sgb_error_docs to handle error documents
mode: exact/best not sure what the exact definition of these is, but exact will give you more 404s, best will try to make sense of what it gets
send 301/404s: pretty self explanatory

and then you should change around the order of the url schemes to the preferred order
you can optionally define whether you want specific sections to use specific schemes.

then activate the plugin, and voila!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#224 2005-07-05 23:42:20

alicson
Website

this was working beautiful for me, but after upgrading to rev468, i’m getting those errors:

<code>
Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/…/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(379) : eval()’d code on line 361

Notice: Undefined index: category2 in /home/…/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(379) : eval()’d code on line 369
</code>

i tried some of those modifications suggested above… no luck so far :-/ i need this plugin!
any new ideas? i’ll be happy to guinea pig them :)

*edit (i did make sure to update to the latest version 0.1.8.4 of this plugin… still sadness tho..)

Last edited by alicson (2005-07-05 23:44:47)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#225 2005-07-06 02:38:05

sungodbiff
Archived Plugin Author
Website

BlueMamba –

‘tis no waste of my time, sorry it’s not working out. sgb_url_handler is designed to let you access those URLs, e.g. http://mighthitgold.net/journal/txp/ accesses the txp category while under the journal section. You shouldn’t have to do anything aside from installing and activating the plugin. Do you get any errors/warnings/notices? What server are you running (apache/lighthttp or iis) and version of PHP?

paularms -

I thought that issue had been worked out — when you installed and activated the plugin, did you hit refresh after visiting the site and not getting any CSS?

jonhicks -

Yeah, that new production mode dealie certainly throws a wrench in things… Those aren’t technically errors they’re notices but annoying none-the-less. Try the changes outlined <a href=“http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=62074#p62074”>here</a>.

I need to go in an make some updates to the code to prevent those notices, I’ll try to get a 0.1.8.5 released today/tomorrow — I just bought a house, so I’m sorta stuck meeting with realtors and lawyers and magicians and what not.

In the meantime you can try switching to a different production mode.

Souljacker –

You just activate the plugin and it should work. Once activated your TxP install will respond to any of the included schemes, provided TxP Clean URLs work on your server, if they don’t sgb_url_handler can still help but it’s more complicated I’d be happy to walk you through the process just let me know.

alicson –

Yeah it’s that pesky production mode, I’ll fix that in the next release which will be out tonight or tomorrow or the next day as soon as I get some time. In the meantime you can try switching to a different production mode.

All -

I hope some of this helps, I’ll get an update out as soon as I can (to eliminate those notices), I’ll try to address any other problems as they come up.

Thanks!

- sgb

#226 2005-07-06 04:53:55

alicson
Website

hallo
thanks for the reply.. (and the plugin that i cannot do without)

by “switching to a different production mode”, does that mean the Site Preferences tab:
Production Status…? i’ve tried switching this to Live, as well as to Testing and Debugging… all of them leave me with those same errors :-/
i’ll be happy to try other suggestions, or wait patiently while they get figured.

thanks again :)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#227 2005-07-06 21:48:25

helgi
Website

I’m in the same newbie boat as BlueMamba here — installed the plugin and activated it, but when I try a URL with section/category or section/category/title, nothing happens. Or rather, it gives me the default page like it does when trying to access something that doesn’t exist.

I’m running Apache with PHP 4.3.10 and don’t get any errors or notices.

btw., the reason I want to use this plugin is that I need to stick a /?pg= at the end of a URL pointing to a category, and I think I’m right in assuming there’s no way of doing that using the standard /?c=category kind if URL?

Thanks

#228 2005-07-11 04:56:57

creativesplash
Website

Any updates on this? I’m getting the same errors as reported above!

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

Board footer