Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2006-06-29 21:28:42

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Re: Any interest in these plugins?

duffe wrote:

Here’s an example. Let’s say you’ve set up “Google” and “Google Search” to autolink to http://www.google.com. Now, ideally you’d want whichever keyword/phrase that appears in your article first to be the one that gets linked. However, what it will actually do is link the longer keword/phrase instead. So if you had “Google provides a wonderful service called Google Search,” then “Google Search” would be what is linked.

As you can see I’m not good at explaining things. Well let’s see how this goes, but don’t get your hopes up as I’m sure there will be problems that I didn’t spot ;)

I understood the conflict, (You explained it actually quite well). I’ve always wondered, how it’s done (eg.:MT).
also verified the above on my experimental blog.
However, the plugin apart from that cause some undefined notices in debugging mode.
Just a question, would it be ok to pledge a request for this plugin over at the relevant forum to get it further improved
and may be incorporate some other stuff?

(Just asking)

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2006-07-07 04:59:49)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#74 2007-03-01 11:24:37

Niconemo

Re: Any interest in these plugins?

hpw_autolink is a must ! Thank you.

Juste one default :
It doesn’t seem to detect if the expression is ever used in a textiled link or image url (and then to be diabled)… so there is a conflict that destroys the link or image…

Last edited by Niconemo (2007-03-01 11:27:40)

Nico

Board footer