Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2008-09-12 20:59:01

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Re: kml_flashembed: Kimili Flash Embed

Just a note to let people know that Kimili Flash Embed has been updated today to version 1.4.3. It’s a bugfix release, so if you’ve been having any issues with it, be sure to download the new version.

Kimili Flash Embed

#110 2008-10-16 10:25:23

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

I’ve figured out why this plugin doesn’t seem to work when the site is in debugging mode. The following appears at the top of the JavaScript file (using the default, not the external script):

<pre>A problem occured while loading the plugin: <b>kml_flashembed</b> -> <b>Notice: Undefined variable: version on line 192</b></pre>
<pre style="padding-left: 2em;" class="backtrace"><code>C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\s7v2\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php:574 eval()
C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\s7v2\textpattern\publish.php:109 load_plugins()
C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\s7v2\index.php:39 include()</code></pre>

Works fine in testing and live modes. I’ll give it a try with the external js file to see how that goes.

UPDATE: No issues when the external JS is used. To avoid problems with the more recent script and IE7, follow these steps to get a clean copy of the old (default) version:

1. Switch site to “live” mode
  2. Save the plugin-generated script w/o the error message
  3. Edit your template to add the src attribute to the kml_flashembed tag, pointing to your newly-saved script

Last edited by Logoleptic (2008-10-16 20:12:44)

#111 2009-01-19 17:44:16

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Just a note to let everyone know that I’ve just released Kimili Flash Embed 2.0.1. This version represents a major overhaul of KFE – in fact, it has been completely rewritten from the ground up. Gone are some of the madding weak points of the 1.x version of the plugin—Textpattern Legacy and Current SWFObject modes, errors in debug mode and the need to use <txp:kml_flashembed_src /> among them. New to KFE 2 are a number of things that will make working with SWFs on your site much easier, such as:

As always, the plugin is available on the Kimili Flash Embed Home page

#112 2009-01-21 15:45:42

MikeTheVike

kimili, I haven’t tried your plugin yet, but I did try and use SWFObject to embed a swf file in my website. The SWFObject code is correct, I know it works. It works in a separate html file I tested it on. When I copy and paste the code to one of my textpattern page templates, it doesn’t load the flash, it loads the alternate content. Is there something to do with textpattern that makes this not work? Will the plugin make swfobject compatible with textpattern? Thanks!

#113 2009-01-21 15:56:24

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Yes it does, Mike. This plugin is really a simple, Texpattern-friendly to put Flash content on your site using SWFObject 2. As long as you use the plugin’s syntax, it takes care of writing all SWFObject-specific code for you. Take a few minutes to read all about it.

#114 2009-01-21 16:08:05

MikeTheVike

========================================
kimili wrote:

Yes it does, Mike. This plugin is really a simple, Texpattern-friendly to put Flash content on your site using SWFObject 2. As long as you use the plugin’s syntax, it takes care of writing all SWFObject-specific code for you. Take a few minutes to read all about it.
========================================

I’m goign to give it a try here in a minute, I was worried the plugin might not work since the current SWFObject code I’m using doesn’t work when in textpattern. I’ll let you know if i have any problems, thanks!

#115 2009-01-21 16:23:23

MikeTheVike

Well, The plugin loads the alternate text as well…so there must be something else wrong unrelated to the plugin code or my other SWFObject code. the SWFObject code and flash file works whe ni try it on a regular html page, but when in a textpattern page, it doesn’t work. Any ideas?

#116 2009-01-21 16:24:48

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Not without taking a look at the page. Off the top of my head, there’s no reason SWFObject shouldn’t work on a textpattern site.

#117 2009-01-21 19:59:09

MikeTheVike

ok, I figured it out, I was using relative paths to point to the flash file, when I changed it to an absolute path it worked. At one point in your plugin I set the base to to the url where the flash file is at, and then in movie just left a relative path and it still didn’t work. Is there any way to get relative paths working? Thanks for your help!

kimili wrote:

Not without taking a look at the page. Off the top of my head, there’s no reason SWFObject shouldn’t work on a textpattern site.

#118 2009-01-21 20:34:15

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Mike – Keep in mind that when you embed a Flash movie in a page, the Flash will see relative paths as being relative to the HTML page it’s embedded in, not the location of the Flash movie. So for example, if you have a SWF which is looking at the relative path xml/file.xml, and your file structure looks like this:

/index.html <-- Where the flash move is embedded.
/flash/movie.swf
/flash/xml/file.swf

In that case you’d have to set base="/flash/" (The trailing slash is important!) so the swf would build an absolute url /flash/ + xml/file.xml to reference /flash/xml/file.xml. Make sense?

#119 2009-02-27 20:13:04

dl33
Website

Is there any way to customise the buttons for play/pause etc.?

#120 2009-02-27 20:15:18

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Within a swf? You’d have to directly modify the swf, which is something beyond the scope of what the plugin offers.

Board footer