Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-02-21 17:50:20

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Re: QuikPik 3 admin interface menu

Jamie – Just saw your note. What problem are you seeing? Do you have a section called quikpik and 3 quikpik styles? I developed this and use it on RC2 with no problem.

However, I just updated this to work with RC3. All further downloads of QuikPik 3.0 are meant for RC3 or later.

If you are using RC2 or below, don’t update the copy of QuikPik 3.0 that you already downloaded or go with the 2.5 version.

If you really want QuikPik 3.0 on RC2 and haven’t downloaded it yet, let me know.

#14 2005-02-22 03:39:59

doogxela
Website

When I try to run the quikpik3install.php, it says “Error creating section,” but it seems to have installed just fine. I haven’t run into any problems using it, so this isn’t an urgent post, just thought I should let you know about that issue, and to see if anyone can reproduce it.

#15 2005-02-22 03:43:45

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

If the section already exists you’ll see this error. The only way this would normally happen is if you run the install script more than once.

#16 2005-02-22 16:26:49

soulship
Website

Hey wilshire I just got back in town and I am catching up. Maybe it was rc3 I am not sure. I went and did a CVS and tried to get a “automated install with a few things already in place such as qp3,mdp automatic thumbnails and rewrite (max ziebel). I was trying to do a few installs with the CVS from last Monday feb 14. I will download the CVS today and see if it happens again. Maybe there has been a change since then. I will let you know.

Thanks
Jamie

#17 2005-02-22 22:37:46

Vegetable Man

Wilshire,
I installed Quikpik(latest version), but am I correct in assuming that your stylesheets were not written with IE6 in mind? I use Firefox, but some other authors on my site do not. I’m sorry, I didn’t see a disclaimer. Wasn’t sure if it was a bug, or if support was left out intentionally. Looking at the suckerfish instructions, they maintain that there is support for IE.

Thanks,
Veg

#18 2005-02-23 02:29:19

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Doh! It used to work on IE6. I’ll have to see what happened.

#19 2005-02-23 16:27:59

soulship
Website

Wilshire,

I continued to have the same problem of the “nightly” I was using from last week, but with rc3 It seems to be working just fine. Except for one thing. Not that it concerns me necessarily, but on the import page I get a ton of errors:

Notice: Undefined variable: curname in /homepages/xx/d100xxxxxx/htdocs/charlestonevents.net/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 244

Notice: Undefined variable: curname in /homepages/xx/d100xxxxxx/htdocs/charlestonevents.net/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 244

Notice: Undefined variable: current in /homepages/xx/d100xxxxxx/htdocs/charlestonevents.net/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 258

Notice: Undefined variable: current in /homepages/xx/d100xxxxxx/htdocs/charlestonevents.net/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 258

Notice: Undefined variable: current in /homepages/xx/d100xxxxxx/htdocs/charlestonevents.net/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 272

Notice: Undefined variable: cssname in /homepages/xx/d100xxxxxx/htdocs/charlestonevents.net/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 320

Notice: Undefined variable: current in /homepages/xx/d100xxxxxx/htdocs/charlestonevents.net/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 272

Notice: Undefined variable: cssname in /homepages/xx/d100xxxxxx/htdocs/charlestonevents.net/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 320

I will look further into this when I get a little time.Jamie ~8)

#20 2005-02-25 13:59:09

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi wilshire. I’ve installed QuikPik3 to my RC3 install and everything seems fine bar one thing which isn’t bothering me at the moment but could do with sorting out. When I go to the new “Import” option I end up with something similar to soulship who seems to be having all the same problems. The page I get consists of:-

All the menu tabs disappear,

Notice: Undefined variable: path_from_root in /home/thebombs/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 112

(which appears right at the top next to the Textpattern logo)

Notice: Undefined variable: curname in /home/thebombs/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 245

Notice: Undefined variable: current in /home/thebombs/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 259

Notice: Undefined variable: current in /home/thebombs/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 273

Notice: Undefined variable: cssname in /home/thebombs/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 321

(which all appear several times giving me a couple of page-lengths of error messages)

Then I get the text-entry boxes at the bottom. Any ideas?

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#21 2005-02-25 14:24:00

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

stuart & jamie -

I updated the download so give it another try. The error reporting level is set to ALL on that new Import tab which is why thats the only place the problems showed up.

Let me know if that works for you now.

#22 2005-02-25 15:29:50

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

It’s not working for me wilshire. As far as I can tell that’s identical to what I have already. I’m assuming the mod will be to the txplib_head file but doing a “diff” says the current download is identical to what I have other than my additions for Manfre’s mod_file. So I wondered if the change was in the installer so I’ve re-installed and no change. Assuming your mod is to the txplib_head file can I just upload it when I get it (apart from putting my mods back in) otherwise I have to keep re-entering my re-sized css files?

Stuart

#23 2005-02-25 15:44:00

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Somthing funky was going on with my host. My FTP client showed that the download file was updated but when it was downloaded somehow the old file was coming down.

So sorry, one more time. And yes, the only thing you need to replace is the txplib_head.php. The installer script only has to be run once.

#24 2005-02-25 16:02:32

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

That works! Thanks Rob.

Stuart

Board footer