Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2005-04-07 00:07:45

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_thumbpop - Thumbnail Image Gallery w/ popups

The popup isn’t clickable right now. I was hoping to be able to update the plugin soon to allow for displaying the full size image on the same page. But if you beat me to it s1deus I’d be interested in seeing what you do too.

#74 2005-04-07 22:55:20

s1deus

Well what I did was nothing special. I simply changed the window.open to window.location and then formatted the thumbpop.php page. Since my client only wants a series of thumbnail galleries and our deadline is short I figured this would work for now and I can setup the navigation as Server Side Includes.

Kinda cheesy, but a fix for what I need. My only thing is making the popup image clickable.

S1d

#75 2005-04-08 21:40:19

s1deus

Ok, this is what I have so far: http://www.tech-genus.com/subvert/

I will have to hardcode the nav into the thumbpop page. But I am ok with that. Then I also have to get the look and feel to match up.

There is no popup window and the main image is clickable, although I have not built any extra html pages, but you can click on the image and see the url it. It will end with “imageID.html”

So far so good. My methods are kinda crazy I think but it’s working so far.

Any help or advice would help.

Thank you Wilshire for this great Plugin.

#76 2005-04-16 22:54:17

danielk

I was looking at osei’s script here , the textpattern thread for which is here

Has anyone used this or does anyone think this this will work sufficently well without having to use the greerift hack to the TXP files?

#77 2005-04-16 23:11:08

danielk

YAY!

Answered my own question, osei’s plugin works fine so no hacking the file. Default install on everything. All i have to do now is get the template working the way i want.

#78 2005-04-17 21:07:25

danielk

ok, maybe I’m missing something. I am running RC3.253, and I set up a section named gallery, then created a template for this gallery with this line, instead of an article tag, for content.

<txp:rss_thumbpop category=“cars” mode=“table” orderby=“caption” pagepop=“1” padheight=“100” limit=“6” />

and it displays the car pictures just fine. If i change

category=“cars”

to

category=”$c”

I get a nice big “no images found”. I want it to pull the category from URI which appears to be fed to it properly, via the very cool stw_category_tree plugin. the uri generated from the plugin is mysite.com/gallery/?c=Computers, but it’s not making a connection somewhere.

Can anybody lend a hand? Did I screw something up, or miss something obvious? I’ve been all over both plugin sites, and can’t seem to find anything.

#79 2005-04-18 01:10:05

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

If you want to use the global category, don’t set one in the plugin call. If you have ?c=Computers in your URL and no category set in the plugin call, the plugin will use the Computers category.

#80 2005-04-18 16:45:25

danielk

Thank You! That did it.

I couldn’t tell from the way the documentation was written that it would pull the global category with explicitly telling it to, which is why I got stuck on writing it in the code. This plugin combined with glx_admin_image and stw_category_tree make a darn handy detached little photo gallery.

Again, Thanks!

#81 2005-04-18 18:24:40

Maleika E.A.
Website

wilshire, first, thank you for this very cool plugin.

If you don’t mind me asking – as I’ve been trying to figure out a solution to a problem I’m having for a while …

For a project I am working on, I’d like to make use of your gallery.

The problem I am facing is that the person I am doing this project for has a host that enforces a strict 2,000 file limit per folder/directory.

This does become an issue as all image files are automatically uploaded to the default image directory.

Furthermore, with the masses of images that are required for this project, it would be very convenient to have some sort of organization structure, e.g. having a parent folder and respective subfolders.

Is this possible with your plugin?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Regards,

Maleika

#82 2005-04-18 18:58:07

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Maleika – The plugin is only used to display images that are already loaded into Textpattern. It would probably take an admin plugin or a change to Textpattern to allow you to save file to subdirectories before the plugin could display them.

#83 2005-04-18 18:59:23

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

To anyone who uses this plugin

I’m making some updates for use on my site so now’s your chance to throw out any suggestions. All I’m looking at so far is allowing for the full size image to be displayed on the current page either above or below the thumbnails.

Anything other ideas or outstanding problems that people are having?

Last edited by wilshire (2005-04-18 19:44:54)

#84 2005-04-18 19:37:15

Maleika E.A.
Website

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. :)

Board footer