Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#385 2007-09-28 19:12:20

mwr
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_thumbpop - Thumbnail Image Gallery w/ popups

Is there a way to style the text in the caption that shows up under the larger image, i.e., the one that pops up?

Mark

#386 2007-09-28 19:29:39

masa

mwr wrote:

Is there a way to style the text in the caption that shows up under the larger image, i.e., the one that pops up?

Yes, you need to edit the plugin’s code.

At the very bottom you will find the page template used for the pop-ups. Add your styles under <style type="text/css" media="screen">

Cheers Martin

#387 2007-09-28 19:56:05

mwr
Website

I tried making a minor change (switched text-align to left), but when I saved I got this message:

“The precondition on the request for the URL /suffice/textpattern/index.php evaluated to false.”

In fact, I get this message even if I save without making a change.

Mark

#388 2007-09-28 20:03:30

masa

I’m afraid I can’t provide any help with that as I’ve never come across anything like it myself.

Could it be a permissons’ issue on your server?

#389 2007-09-28 20:14:31

mwr
Website

I figured it out. It has to do with this:

FAQ

Kind of bizarre that it should be related to security.

Last edited by mwr (2007-09-28 20:15:13)

Mark

#390 2007-11-02 12:39:05

kmtaylor
Website

This is a fantastic plugin but I have one question.

Is there any way to show the image name instead of the caption or alt text. The problem is that if there are a lot of images in a gallery you need to go into each image individually to change the caption or alt but if the images were named well it could cut out alot of work to simply label each thumbnail with the actual image name that is already there.

Thank you

#391 2007-12-01 09:31:00

plugmas.com

Could someboy give me a hand? I only need a simple gallery. The plugin rss_thumbpop seem to be my solution.

How to make a list of images display in line with the size. When click on it the images appear (no popup) above of all the images with description, title.

Thanks,

#392 2007-12-03 17:45:50

plugmas.com

Please, somebody. I need help with rss_thumpop.

I dont know how to make this work:
<code> <txp:rss_thumbpop category=“images” mode=“table” orderby=“date asc” showcaption=“0” showalt=“0” jpop=“1” cols=“3” backlabel=”< back” nextlabel=“next >” showfullcaption=“1” clickonly=“1” /></code>

The code seem to be allright. But the thumbnail images (inline) dont appear only the images title. The rare is when i click on the title the images appear above of the all images.

#393 2007-12-08 20:58:36

maartenD
Website

Hi all,

I really love this plugin. I was wondering if it’s possible to change the plugin so the Javascript is placed in a seperate file? The second thing i would like the change is this line of <br style=“clear: both;” /> i realy don’t like the style part. So i was wondering if there is somebody how knows how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Maarten.

Kind regards,

Maarten

#394 2007-12-08 21:06:26

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

maartenD wrote:

Hi all,

I really love this plugin. I was wondering if it’s possible to change the plugin so the Javascript is placed in a seperate file? The second thing i would like the change is this line of <br style=“clear: both;” /> i realy don’t like the style part. So i was wondering if there is somebody how knows how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Maarten.

i just remember editing the plugin source to remove the “<br style=“clear: both;” />” and added a clear elsewhere via css.

#395 2007-12-08 21:16:42

maartenD
Website

Thanks for the quick reply. I will do this also. Do you know how to adjust the plugin so the javascript is outside the XHTML?

Thanks in advance.

Maarten.

Kind regards,

Maarten

#396 2008-01-17 03:07:00

fiddle

I searched around and coudnt get any info on this, so sorry if this is a repeat question, you can point me to that post if it exists.. Im trying to use rss_thumbpop. All is well, I was wondering, instead of using the jpop function to call the large image on top or bottom of the thumbs, can it be called in a different DIV? I want the thumbnails in a div floated to the right of a page, and on mouse over, large image appears on the left side on a left floated div.? Thank you very much for any help/info you can give..

Board footer