Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#373 2007-06-03 09:18:32

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_thumbpop - Thumbnail Image Gallery w/ popups

MrLongbaugh wrote:

I want to diplay the image and the thumbnails. Using JS the image should be replaced by clicking the thumb. All in the same window. Is this possile with your plugin?

Depends what you mean by “in the same window”. smd_slimbox is a lightbox-style plugin so the plugin shows the gallery via id/category/custom field or any weird and wonderful combinations thereof. When you click one of the thumbnails the JS dims the whole gallery, makes a semi-transparent overlay and shows the fullsize pic in the same browser window, with next/prev links to allow visitors to navigate from there. See any blog entry at the ablogment for an example of its use.

What I would like to do for Textpattern is to help consolidate the myriad gallery plugins and split them into two camps, taking the best bits from all of them: one library plugin should handle the gallery generation and be flexible enough to pull data from pretty much everywhere in the database (smd_lib does this reasonably well but I’m sure it could be improved with help from the awesome wet_for_each_image).

The second part should be a system whereby other authors could supply bolt-on modules/plugins to handle the display of those thumbnails in a variety of ways, e.g. a popup, same window div, lightbox, slimbox, slideshow, etc. Site designers could then pick which bolt-on modules to install or change them at will without breaking the underlying method for generating the galleries.

Trouble is I don’t know quite how to do it yet, but I’m experimenting.

Last edited by Bloke (2007-06-03 09:19:42)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#374 2007-06-03 09:30:31

MrLongbaugh

Sounds like a great idea for me. I would like to follow the developement of that concept.

Indeed I want to display the image in the same window div. So your suggestion is partly what I’m looking for.
Thanks.

Please excuse my poor english.

#375 2007-06-05 12:55:17

MrLongbaugh

I try this code but I get the response No Images Found. Is there an error in the Syntax?
<txp:custom_field name="fotos"> returns the correct value.

<txp:rss_thumbpop jpop="1" mode="float" clickonly="1" cols="4"  usearticle="1" catfield="fotos"
orderby="random" limit="8" showpagelinks="0" />

Any suggestions?

#376 2007-06-17 12:00:28

jstubbs
Website

I get the same error as the above poster MrLongbaugh – with this in a form:

<txp:rss_thumbpop allcats=“1” mode=“float” label=“My Pictures” orderby=“caption” pagepop=“1” padheight=“100” />

It should display all images from all categories, but I get an error: “My Pictures No Images Found”

Same with category=“My-Category-Name”

#377 2007-07-09 15:11:50

veggiegrrl

LOVE this plugin! It’s just what I needed.

I am having a little problem with it, though. I am using it to generate a random photo in my sidebar, with navigation underneath in case you want to see more photos.

It works perfectly on the homepage, but when you’re on any other page, it only displays the “next” button (instead of “back” and “next”). If you click “next,” you get redirected to the homepage in addition to the photo changing.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

The site is set up at http://www.afa.tc – look in the bottom of the right column

Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

#378 2007-07-09 15:43:28

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

veggiegrrl wrote:

It works perfectly on the homepage, but when you’re on any other page… If you click “next,” you get redirected to the homepage

Not sure if it’s a feature of the plugin when using messy mode URLs since other people have mentioned it. It is effectively losing your ?s=section which is dumping you back on the first page. Does it work if you switch to non-messy permalink mode in Admin->Preferences?

I can’t see an obvious option to preserve the section (nor any reason for it to always go back to the first page) but then it’s been a long time since I used this plugin: although it’s a little more hassle to set up, I switched to smd_slimbox, which had its origins in this plugin.

Sorry I can’t be of much more assistance at the moment. Perhpaps post the tag you are using and we’ll see if we can find some way round it.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#379 2007-07-16 10:34:23

douglgm
Website

When trying to install the plug-in I get the following:

Warning: Data too long for column ‘help’ at row 1 insert into txp_plugin set name = ‘rss_thumbpop’, status = 0, type = 0, author = ‘Rob Sable’, author_uri = ‘http://www.wilshireone.com/’, version = ‘0.7’, description = ‘Flexible thumbnail image gallery in table or float format.’, help = ‘\n

And the plugin fails to install. Can anyone give me any guggestion where I should look to resolve this problem?

#380 2007-07-16 15:37:32

douglgm
Website

Looks like Mary had a similar problem with “faulty encoding” – http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=19773

#381 2007-07-31 19:26:35

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Somу suggestion – is it avaible to aplly selected category to sownloading images? It would be amazing is i could select category not only for a batch upload, but for every image also! the work could organized like it’s done in administration writen “articles” pages – button “select all/none” and avaible actions.
Currently i see need only in applying category, but in future may be there is sense to add custum options before uploading, such as:
1. alt
2. decription
3. make thumbnail (boolen) :)

How is my bad english? everything’s clear? :)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#382 2007-08-16 15:29:37

adnanoner

He everybody,

Loving the plugin, but now I’m bumping into some troubles because of the way the jspop works. I want to use multiple jspop’s on 1 page. However because the javascript looks for ID’s I can’t have multiple jspops. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas on this subject?

Thanks in advance :)

#383 2007-08-16 15:33:04

mrdale
Website

#384 2007-08-16 15:36:58

adnanoner

thanks mrdale :) I’ll have a look at it, looks nice

Board footer