Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-11-18 19:46:07

jensf

Header/Navigation appears different for aricle views

Hi,

After hours of troubleshooting… I quit (or went “blind”): the navigation appears different in the article listing view (http://frickeln.jensfreyer.de/blog/) and the individual article view (http://frickeln.jensfreyer.de/2016/11/18/test-url-pattern). Why? I did some text-diffs of the source code but cannot find a difference which causes this issue.

Probably you’re seeing better. :-) I would be very happy!

Cheers,

Jens

#2 2016-11-18 21:28:11

bici
Website Mastodon

Re: Header/Navigation appears different for aricle views

one obvious difference is the FIND area. is that a div?

…. texted postive

#3 2016-11-18 22:02:22

jakob
Admin
Website

It looks like your menu, including submenus, is in the source of both pages but the sub-menus are set to display:none; for your individual url pattern and so don’t show. The reason is you are using relative urls for your javascript and it’s not finding the javascript files and hence not changing no-js on your html element to js. Try using:

<txp:site_url />js-6.2.1/vendor/jquery.js

and so on for the other js files (css too etc.) so they are always found regardless of what the page’s current url scheme is.

If you open the web inspector of your browser and check the console tab, it shows you those problems. You can also see if the code is in the source and why the css is preventing it from showing.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#4 2016-11-18 23:38:11

jensf

@bici,
Yes – the search field including the (sub-) menue functionaities were gone…

@jakob,
Thank you very much for your help and the deciding hint regarding the required absolut paths to my javascript! (I already changed it for the CSS before in another context but didn’t see the special issue I had regarding the sub-menues.)

It’ working fine now! Thanks again – Cheers,

Jens

Board footer