Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-07-21 12:06:03

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Stack Overflow Documentation

Don’t know how many of you use Stack Overflow (Textpattern activity on there is pretty much non-existent), but they’ve unveiled a new Documentation section to their site that looks interesting. The idea appears to be collaborative documentation driven by examples that people can up/down vote.

Thought I’d share it here in case people missed it. It looks worth a look!

#2 2016-07-21 12:54:33

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Stack Overflow Documentation

monkeyninja wrote #300351:

Stack Overflow… unveiled a new Documentation section

Nice, thanks for the link. Wonder if it’s worth putting Textile docs on that? Or is that going to descend into chaos? I see they have some topics tagged with Markdown.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2016-07-21 13:10:26

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #300352:

Nice, thanks for the link. Wonder if it’s worth putting Textile docs on that? Or is that going to descend into chaos? I see they have some topics tagged with Markdown.

Good idea Stef, except I just tried to propose it for documentation and the computer said no:-

This tag is too new, or too low activity, for Documentation to be created for it.

Basically the documentation side is based on the tags used on the main site and by the looks of it very few people ask about Textile on there.

A shame as it would be good to get our favourite markup language a little more exposure. I often thought it might have been a good idea to encourage Textpattern users to engage with questions on Stack Overflow a little bit as it would raise awareness of the CMS, but it would need other TXP users to check for the questions regularly.

#4 2016-07-21 13:11:50

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Regardless of what I just said, it’s still interesting what Stack Overflow are now doing and is useful for things like CSS, JavaScript and PHP (etc.).

Board footer