Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-07-04 14:11:33

Destry
Website

Textpattern's LinkedIn "company"

“Company” is a LinkedIn term, and I’m referring to this location. I can’t speak for the rest of the community, but I know I’d be inclined to give our esteemed core developers some LinkedIn recommendation love in context of the company page, if it was filled out a little more.

For comparison, CSF has one too, and we are not a company. But it doesn’t matter. The point is to take advantage of the context it provides between project, community/followers, and those leading the project.

For example, I might like to write a recommendation for Robert due to his critical time in the past maintaining Textpattern when nobody else did. And I might like to write one for Stef for the zillions of support reasons and plugins, and the work we collaborated on with the magazine (and maybe he’ll write one back, hint-hint). And I might like to write one for Phil for his monumental work on Textpattern’s front-end, and brand.

So then when writing these recos, they are easily associated to core devs via the right context — the Txp company faceplate that represents the project.

But, again, the “company” has to look like something first. Logo, description, background cover image (brand thing, Phil)… Make it look not like a dead project.

Board footer