Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-03-13 16:57:01

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

kuo_sortable: change the order and visibility of elements in Write tab

If your website doesn’t use comments functionality at all, there’s no need to show the “Comment options” box in Write tab. With this plugin you can hide it. The main thing with this plugin is that it allows users to rearrange elements somewhat to their liking. Settings are saved per user. Inspired by what Pat64 wrote in this topic. ;-)

Last edited by kuopassa (2016-03-16 21:10:47)

#2 2016-03-14 12:58:31

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: kuo_sortable: change the order and visibility of elements in Write tab

Something to think about: that “Hide + reset” drop-box in the bottom left corner is in the way! It is fine (probably — didn’t try :-) ) if you have a wide browser window. In my case, my browser windows are never wider than ~1200px. Or think about other devices – iPad, mobile phones, etc. In all those cases, that “Hide + reset” then annoyingly covers the input fields (textareas, etc).

Maybe an idea: could you append it at the bottom of the side bar (div#supporting_content) instead – and not make it position:fixed of course? That way it won’t ever be in the way of the user.

[aside]
bq..
If your website doesn’t use comments functionality at all, there’s no need to show the “Comment options” box in Write tab. With this plugin you can hide it.

You know that you can disable comments on the preferences panel, and in that case that comments box won’t show up? Ok, aside of that, people may want to hide other fields of course.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#3 2016-03-14 15:10:04

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks for using the plugin and offering good improvement ideas. The box from bottom left will be relocated at some better place, like the one you mentioned. I’ll try to bundle more updates and fixes to the plugin before releasing a new version. :-)

#4 2016-03-14 15:10:39

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

@kuopassa

Hey!

I love you, Pete ;)

Super cool. Tks.

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#5 2016-03-14 15:26:33

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, Pat64! This functionality could be used in other sections as well, like in Images and elsewhere, but it’s also quite complex and time-consuming to make it happen. So maybe in the future it’ll be expanded to other sections.

#6 2016-03-14 15:50:16

uli

Thanks, Petri, for this super simple to use plugin!

Before I start digging for plugin incompatibilities: Am I the only one whose <div id="view_modes"> is empty on visiting any article saved while this plugin is installed (the div containing the Text/HTML/Preview tabs)? Been caused by another plugin

Last edited by uli (2016-03-15 14:03:41)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#7 2016-03-14 17:58:14

candyman

Good job!

#8 2016-03-14 21:24:05

jakob
Admin
Website

Clever! Maybe you place the “hide bin” as a container at the bottom of the sidebar?

Now all it needs is for you to be also able to drag fields into the main column (or did I miss that?).

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#9 2016-03-14 23:18:51

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

uli wrote #298262:

Am I the only one whose <div id="view_modes"> is empty on visiting any article saved while this plugin is installed (the div containing the Text/HTML/Preview tabs)?

That seems to work fine here. Does it appear again if you leave the Write panel and then come back to that article later?

On my side, I can’t reorder the sidebar element right after saving a new article: Create an article, Save it (in my case as draft, but the status doesn’t seem to matter), then try to reorder the fields in the side bar: not possible. Leave the Write panel, then come back (via the Articles panel, click on link to recently created article), edit , save. In that case the reorder functionality works fine

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#10 2016-03-15 01:47:26

uli

phiw13 wrote #298268:

Does it appear again if you leave the Write panel and then come back to that article later?

Just to give one more possible hint (sorry that I can’t investigate the reasons any further atm):

That div remains empty for the aforementioned articles even if I de-install the plugin. And it’s also the Textile Help section that vanishes from the Write panel. Been caused by another plugin

Last edited by uli (2016-03-15 14:04:11)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#11 2016-03-15 07:41:36

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

This is something I’m keen to get into core in v4.7 – maybe we can work together on a patch during that phase?

#12 2016-03-15 11:13:30

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

philwareham wrote #298273:

This is something I’m keen to get into core in v4.7 – maybe we can work together on a patch during that phase?

Yep! Pete & Phil, please ;)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

Board footer