Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-01-28 16:11:51

uli

Hive & Firefox: Dropdown menu instead of Hive's menu bar (FIX)

Should you see only an OS-like dropdown menu instead of Hive’s own menu bar in Firefox, do the following:

Type about:config into the browser window’s address bar, press return, and click the “I’ll be careful” button. In the following window type dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled into the search bar, alter the value from 1 to 0 and close the window. This change could also fix some similar obscure problems you might have encountered on other websites.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#2 2016-01-29 12:34:06

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Hive & Firefox: Dropdown menu instead of Hive's menu bar (FIX)

Which Firefox versions does this affect?

#3 2016-01-29 15:24:08

uli

I can’t recall when exactly I had this for the first time, but it was probably at least a FF v41 that I found I could trigger with the dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled setting. ATM I’m using v43.0.4.

But I have to say I was fiddling several times with several of the FF touch settings at the time when I found it was Modernizer that detected false positives for touch events, thus causing strange behaviours on some of the websites I frequently visited. First hint I could find here re point in time was my report for Hive & FF 27, though it doesn’t mention dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled yet.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2016-01-29 15:28:42

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

OK thanks, I assume this is Textpattern 4.5 though? Textpattern 4.6dev doesn’t use Modernizr any more, or any scripts that detect/fire on touch events.

#5 2016-01-29 16:22:23

uli

Dang, you’re right, it’s Modernizer at work (and yes, 4.5.7).

I used Web Developer Toolkit’s “View Generated Source” where there isn’t any CSS class displayed on the HTML tag. I wouldn’t have posted for the Hive/Modernizr/FF problem, I knew I pointed to such an issue already.

#6 2016-01-29 17:13:21

uli

Yup, there’s definitely a bug in the Web Developer Toolkit add-on. A Vanilla Firefox 43 has no JS-generated classes in the “View Generated Source” window (reported to Chris Pederick).

Board footer