Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-12-03 14:42:37

sgw

Updating contact details does not work for me

txp 4.5.7 here, I have to maintain it while I am not the original webdesigner of that/my site … so I am quite a newbie here ;-)

I have to edit my address info as I recently moved place.

There are custom fields defined which I already edited to the correct values, but the changes don’t get through to the displayed content.
Is there any additional step I have to do? I tried saving the relevant pages again without success.

Sorry for that low-detail request, I don’t know what info to provide here to solve that.

Thanks for any pointers, Stefan

#2 2015-12-03 15:19:01

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Updating contact details does not work for me

Hi Stefan,

Do you mean the changes aren’t being accepted at all in the admin area, or the changes are made and saved but not showing on the publicly accessible site?

If the second, maybe:

• the information is stored more than once. You could try searching the Content > Articles pane for that, or the Content > variables pane (if there is one). Another useful plugin for tracking down information in hard-to-find places is smd_where_used. IIRC that should also be able to find hard-coded information in forms or pages.
  • there is some caching active that is preventing it showing the new page. If you can, see if you can clear that cache
  • you have some multi-language setup and haven’t updated the right part?

Otherwise, you could check in the “Presentation > Section” pane, which page template is used to show your contact data. Then take a look at that page template in the “Presentation > Pages” pane.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2015-12-03 15:40:23

sgw

thanks, jakob!

smd_where_used does NOT find the old streetname anywhere!
The new one is found in both the german and the english page as I want it to, it just isn’t displayed correctly.
I even disabled my http-proxy, no change. F5, no change. restart apache, no change.

When I edit the relevant Form and intentionally mistype the variable name (“streeet-address”) and Save, the displayed content changes … no street shown, which shows me that I am at the right spot for the change.

The value of the custom_field1 “street-address” is displayed correctly (new address) when I edit the page itself (to the left under “Custom fields”.

strange, isn’t it?

WORKAROUND for now: commented the line using the custom_field and hardcoded the street into the form. Displays fine now :-P
Not the solution, but one for the moment.

Last edited by sgw (2015-12-03 16:27:29)

#4 2015-12-04 11:35:22

jakob
Admin
Website

Glad you got it working, but I’ve no idea why the custom_field is not coming through if the details in the custom field are saving correctly on the admin side. I read in your past posts, that you updated from previous version and are using the multi-language pack. Perhaps the answer lies in one of those, or a combination of how the two work together. Are you using glz_custom_fields?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#5 2015-12-07 18:28:17

sgw

No, I am not using glz_custom_fields.
Should I post a list of the active plugins?

Board footer