Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2015-12-05 09:33:16

MarcoK
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Admin layout update patch

Great work. Is the first time that I look for txp 4.6
However, I was looking for something different thing in image and..

Image: in images list, why not a grid solution?
In image edit, great idea create a double column, but create a thumbnail and replace image, for me are better in right column.

Js: There isn’t a JS page. There is still need a plugin?

A question.
In a forms, I never used this function but…, I read a little not, when I create new form, that only article forms can be previewed, but I don’t find the preview button. where is?

Last edited by MarcoK (2015-12-05 09:34:12)

#38 2015-12-05 10:03:48

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

MarcoK wrote #296984:

Image: in images list, why not a grid solution?

The grid won’t be in until Textpattern 4.7 (which we hope to develop fairly rapidly after 4.6) since we want to release something sooner at her than later.

Js: There isn’t a JS page. There is still need a plugin?

This has never been a planned 4.6 feature.

The preview link has been removed from forms as it didn’t work very well and was voted out by users.

#39 2015-12-05 11:05:33

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Oooh, responsive design. Nice!

Things I noticed, some of which may not be related to this patch:

Users:
  • Nice pulldown icon on the right side of the search field. Can this be used for the other select menu’s as well?
  • Select menu shows: ID# (not visible in table), Name (should be Login), RealName (should be Real name).
  • Search pulldown shows: search_all (should be Search all). This happens in other similar places as well.
Preferences:
  • Can the zebra striping be moved from the preferences menu (on the left) to the actual preferences on the right or be applied to both? When viewing in a maximized window, it’s currently hard to match the preference name to the preference value, due to the amount of space in between.
Write:
  • comment options: neither on nor off is selected by default.
  • advanced options: i’d expect that lower in the list, below custom fields.
  • sort and display: do the edit links need surrounding [ ] (same applies to other edit pages)?
  • create new, duplicate, view, when hovering over those links, the space between the icon and the text is underlined as well (happens in other similar places as well).
Image:
  • Search pulldown shows: extension (should be Extension)
Link:
  • Search pulldown shows: link_sort (should be Sort value)

#40 2015-12-05 13:38:31

jpdupont

On the single image form, I don’t see the smd_thumbnails part.

@bloke too

#41 2015-12-05 13:41:03

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

jpdupont wrote #296989:

On the single image form, I don’t see the smd_thumbnails part.

@bloke too

There are lots of plugins that are semi broken (missing parts, options/preferences that can’t be accessed, …).

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#42 2015-12-05 18:25:07

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

@rudd

I will mop up some of those things you pointed out over the next few days. I will open an issue to track them tomorrow.

#43 2015-12-06 00:44:52

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Fixed a few of the low hanging fruit items that Ruud picked up, thanks for highlighting them.

Regarding the New/View/Clone links on the Write panel, the icon is inside the anchor which is why it renders that way. Moving the icon (span) outside the anchor fixes the hover state, but means the icon can become separated from the word, which is undesirable. Strangely, adding an sp between the two elements made no difference, so I assume there must be some CSS overriding the behaviour of the non-breaking space. Or something like that.

And yes, plugins will look very squiffy or not function properly for a while until authors catch up with the layout alterations. I’ll be looking at mine over the coming weeks, but I need to get MLP working first as that’s completely banjaxed under 4.6.0, so that’s my next focus.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#44 2015-12-07 13:00:56

Destry
Website

Just learned (and already love) “banjaxed”. Thank you, Mr. Bloke.

#45 2015-12-07 17:05:18

mrdale
Website

Just jumped in and played with the new admin layout and threw my stable of plugins at it. A lot of fixes needed, but not too daunting. This promts a couple of questions.

1. Should we start a thread that lists layout broken plugins?
  2. Is there a guide with examples for the new framework, ie show what classes do what?

#46 2015-12-07 17:18:36

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

mrdale wrote #297004:

Is there a guide with examples for the new framework, ie show what classes do what?

There is a design patterns doc – it is a little behind a couple of the latest code developments but I will update it over the next couple of weeks – you can either build from the theme repo or look at my built version for reference.

Also in that repo are flat HTML examples of the whole admin area which can also be used to see how the layout is constructed.

Should we start a thread that lists layout broken plugins?

Yes please, that would be very helpful. The plugin breakage was unfortunately necessary to modernise Textpattern’s HTML structure and CSS for ongoing development. In future there should not be such major changes in the framework (e.g. Textpattern 4.7 will not have any changes to existing structure – although it will introduce some extra UI bits on top of what is here).

#47 2015-12-07 18:31:31

mrdale
Website

OK… having trouble building… do you have a hosted version of the example page.

keep getting this error

LoadError on line ["128"] of /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb: cannot load such file -- singularitygs

#48 2015-12-07 19:24:06

jakob
Admin
Website

I started modifying bot_wtc successfully but it’s not quite up to date with the latest repo. I’ll dig out that out a little later.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer