Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#481 2006-08-08 18:38:44

fuls
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive - article archive list

wilshire wrote:

I’ve posted a new version of rss_suparchive that uses category titles instead of names.

The new version is 0.17

This is great! Thank you so much!

#482 2006-08-09 16:40:19

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Well, forget about version 17, here’s version 18. It has many significant updates based on some issues and suggestions reported over the past few months:

rss_suparchive 0.18

• Wildcards and negatives can also be used when specifying sections. For instance, section=”*” (all sections, regardless of how many), section=”!photos,writing,thoughts” (writing AND thoughts AND NOT photos), or just section=”!photos” (all sections except photos). This was added as proposed by Andrew here
  • Fix offset issue mentioned by cap_nemo here
  • Add display of comments count with the addition of showcommentscount, showzerocount, countprefix and countsuffix attributes to suparchive and suparchive_bycat.
  • Use strftime for date display to allow for localization of month and day names
  • Fix code warnings thrown by TXP in debugging mode

IMPORTANT

With the change from php date formatting to strftime formatting to allow for localization, the syntax for date formatting must be changed if you are setting the dateformat or subdateformat attributes in your plugin calls.

For example: Change “F j, Y” to “%B %d, %Y”. Until the changes are made, your dates will not show up properly.

Updated Examples

Can be seen in the wilshire|one lab

Download

Download rss_suparchive 0.18

#483 2006-08-13 04:27:46

rockbeatspaper

Wilshire,

I am using v0.18 and I am having a problem getting my articles to sort by “order asc” using the timeframe=“future” attribute. A few of my articles just seem to display in random order. I saw the earlier post and changed the line of code to read this:

$orderby= ($timeframe == “FUTURE”) ? “ ORDER BY posted asc “ : $orderby;

This seems to work, but then one of my posts gets put in the wrong order. If you can tell me exactly how I need to edit the plugin that would be great.

Great plugin by the way! This is the first time I have tried to use it for future articles and have not had any problems until now.

#484 2006-08-14 02:38:18

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Try downloading version 0.18 again and see if you still have the problem.

If so, look a few lines down from the one you posted above that starts with $where = and add this line after:

echo $where;

Then refresh your page and post or send me the output you see at the top of the page.

#485 2006-08-14 03:25:00

rockbeatspaper

Nevermind,

I figured it out. Too many long hours in front of the computer.

I am idiot!!!! :)

#486 2006-08-15 11:54:00

beztak
Website

Thx, for your 0.18 update. But I’ve got one suggestion. I need to show all sections except three, so I have two possibilites:

1. I must add in section all (27 of 30) section I want to show.
2. due to your update I can write

section=”!software,!hardware,!games, and all 27 other section to be shown”

and this is not efective, because every time I add new section I have to change rss_suparchive syntax.

I tried some syntaxe like

section=”!games,*”

and this worked, but still I disable only one section. So could your plugin support this syntaxe:

section=”!games,!software,!hardware,*”
or
section=”!games,!software,!hardware”

#487 2006-08-15 16:46:16

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Looks like that’s just a bug in version 0.18. This syntax should work:

section=”!games,!software,!hardware”

I updated version 0.18 with a fix. Can you download it and try the above syntax again? Thanks.

#488 2006-08-15 18:36:36

beztak
Website

Yeap :-) It works. Thank you so much. This is want I longed for…

#489 2006-08-16 11:00:15

smpb

I’ve been trying to update my rss_suparchive plugin to the more recent version but i’ve found myself oddly unable to. I removed the previous version i had and proceeded to upload the plugin, but instead of success i got an ugly error. More specifically, it gave me the following notice:

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 7865 bytes in (…)/textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php on line 152
Badly formed or empty plugin code

I tried uploading a completely different plugin to see if the problem was with TextPattern or rss_suparchive and it worked fine. So i’m left wondering what could possibly be wrong with this plugin. Any ideas?

#490 2006-08-16 11:06:34

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

What version of TXP are you running?

I just changed to the latest version of the plugin template and turned on compression. If you’re running a version prior to 4.0.3, TXP will be unable to decompress the plugin.

#491 2006-08-16 11:21:08

smpb

wilshire wrote:

What version of TXP are you running?
I just changed to the latest version of the plugin template and turned on compression. If you’re running a version prior to 4.0.3, TXP will be unable to decompress the plugin.

There’s the problem right there. I am using version 4.0.1. Unfortunately, i am unable to change this because i am running my site from a host i do not fully control. Any way around this short of talking to the admin to see if he updates the Textpattern’s version?
Thanks.

#492 2006-08-16 12:40:29

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

There’s the problem right there. I am using version 4.0.1.

I’ll have to add a way to allow for the download of an uncompressed plugin. Stay tuned…

Board footer