Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#457 2006-03-31 11:46:00

zoeglingjulian
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive - article archive list

You could have an archive section with a category for each of the sections that need an archive, e.g. /archive/section1, /archive/section2 etc.

#458 2006-03-31 11:53:32

pieman
Website

thanks

I was hoping to keep the nice hierarchical root/section/date URL that rss_suparchive gives you, but if that’s not possible then root/archive/section would be the next best I suppose. But are you sure it’s doable?

How would I go about getting that – does it still use rss_suparchive? And could you still use rss_suparchive_menu (in both the root/section page and root/archive/section pages) to create a list of links to each year’s archives for that section.
eg 2005 (5 entries) 2004 (7 entries)
etc?

#459 2006-03-31 16:33:40

szac

Try using section conditionals:

this would all be entered on your default page
<code>

<!— for the homepage —>
<txp:if_section name=”“>
<txp:article />
</txp:if_section>

<!— for the archives —>
<txp:if_section name=“archives”>
<txp:article_custom limit=99999 form=“monthly_article” />
</txp:if_section>

</code>

for that custom article above you’ll have to create the article form it calls with the following:

<code>

<!— show the year —>
<txp:if_different>
<h2><txp:posted format=”%Y” /></h2>
</txp:if_different>
<!— show the month —>
<txp:if_different>
<h3><txp:posted format=”%B” /></h3>
</txp:if_different>
<!— article title and link —>
<txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink>
<br />
</code>

This method was grabbed out of the FAQ section and requires no plugins.

#460 2006-04-02 10:58:07

formfromfunction

hi there.

First time user, just wondering if there is a way to display the category name but with out a link to category list?

Basicaly what I’m trying to out put is some thing like this.

<code>
<h3>Cat title</h3>
<ul>
<li>title of article</li> <li>title of article 2</li> <li>title of article 3</li>
</ul>
</code>

many thanks
Alex

Edit…
Managed it find a way round by hard coding the cat headers. No big deal for three tittles. :)

Last edited by formfromfunction (2006-04-02 13:31:38)

I sleep with the fishes

#461 2006-04-05 15:37:14

jessejericho

Hello, props to Wilshire for this great plugin – I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to display a date range for an article? I am using suparchive to display a list of events on a sidebar, and would like to be able to display the date as “April 6 – 7, 2006” for example. I imagine this is possible with some sort of custom tag, however I am very new to this. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.

#462 2006-04-06 21:05:18

plusonetwo
Website

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the archive plug in so that it doesn’t pick up unpublished articles (that are set to publish at future date)? I have TXP and this plugin working on a client’s site and he posed this question.

Thanks for any insight.

Regards,

Michael

#463 2006-04-12 16:48:50

banrai

I am having some very bad trouble with this plugin. In my default archive page, on my right-hand column, this is what I’ve come up with:

( txp:rss_suparchive_menu timeframe=“MONTH” sections=“sectionOne,SectionTwo,Sectionthree” linktosection=“archive” timeframe=“ALL” limit=“12” showcount=“0”/ )

Of course, carrats where the paranthesis are…

It’s not working. Any ideas?

Last edited by banrai (2006-04-12 16:49:23)

#464 2006-04-18 04:31:07

imaclanni

okay, i’m having a lot of trouble getting this plugin to work correctly. i’m fairly new to textpattern, and very new to plugins. so i installed the plugin and activated it. then i added the plugin code into my template (rss_suparchive_menu). then i discovered that i needed my urls to be set at section/year/month/day/title but the thing is, that’s not a permanent link mode choice, so i chose /year/month/day/title . but when i use the plugin, it thinks my posts are using the section thing, since i have to specify a section in the tag.

i think my problem is that i’m trying to put the archive links on the sidebar of my index page (imaclanni.com). this page is not a section, it’s my “front page.” gah, i’ve confused myself even more writing this post. can anyone help?

#465 2006-04-18 10:30:16

belleliu
Website

Running latest txp (4.0.3) and installed latest rss_suparchive (0.16.1) plugin on a new site, no problem whatsoever except that the category names are displayed instead of category titles:

http://www.beansbox.com/goodies/

On the right column, “Wallpapers and Icons” become “wallpaper-icons”, etc.

Checked that the same plugin (0.15.1) is working on another site I built using txp 1.0rc3 earlier with identical tags and settings.

Here are the relevant codes I used:

txp:rss_suparchive_bycat section=“goodies” linktosection=“goodies” timeframe=“ALL” showcatsonly=“1” showcatcount=“0”

Is it related to the version of txp or the rss_suparchive plugin? Much appreciated for any help!

Regards,
Belle
txp newbie from Hong Kong
www.belleliu.com

I’d rather be a failure at something I love
than a success at something I hate. —George Burns
Visit me at www.belleliu.com

#466 2006-04-25 15:57:01

pieman
Website

This is a question for a php-er…

In my article pages I use the following snippet (wot I learned from somewhere on this forum) to apply a class name to the currently viewed article – to create an ‘on’ state in my navigation list.
<code><?php if ($GLOBALS[‘id’] = = <txp:article_id />) { echo “ class=\“selected\”“; } ?></code>

Now…
In an archive page (mode=YEAR) generated by rss_suparchive_menu, (eg. /blog/2003) is there a global variable that I can test for to create a similar ‘on’ state in the list of years in my rss_suparchive_menu navigation? Something like:
<code><?php if ($GLOBALS[‘year’] = = rss_year) { echo “ class=\“selected\”“; } ?></code>
only not completely made-up, like mine!

#467 2006-05-05 11:40:35

tracyfloyd

Great plugin!
I need to change the sort direction in one place where I use the plugin, but not in another.
Press Releases needs to show only past articles… newest at the top (not a problem with standard plugin settings)
Event Calendar needs to show only future articles… oldest at the top (currently requires a global hack of the plugin… breaking the Press Releases display)

There was an earlier post that mentioned hacking the plugin code’s query to change the sort order… but I need to be able to use both options (asc and desc). What’s the best way to do this?

Thanks!

#468 2006-05-21 19:36:36

stephane
Website

Great Plugin !
However there is no localization :-(
Did anyone manage to set up a clean localization that works on the latest version ?

Regards

Board footer