Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2015-10-19 10:02:57

Karsten
Website

Re: Accessing TXP website via Proxy doesn't work

Unfortunately not, the proxy is run and hosted by a university library, don’t have access to any of the setup. However, as it is part of the uni network, and works for all their external access systems, I would suspect it is in order, otherwise we wouldn’t be the only site with slow access.

proxy-ub was an example. You couldn’t use the proxy anyway, unless you enroll as a student or become a member of staff :)

#26 2015-10-19 13:38:07

Karsten
Website

Perhaps I should have done this from the start but only now thought of it. I created a super small test.html file with nothing in it really, just some text and two small images. No css, no javascript, nothing. This should load superfast (and it does).

I disabled the htaccess temporarily and tried loading that via the UB proxy, but this too was extremely slow. So apparenlty the slow-ness of our site is not related to the htaccess or textpattern, somehow the connection between this particular proxy and the server is extremely slow. Annoyingly the Proxy people say the proxy is fine, and the server dude also says the server is fine.

#27 2015-10-19 13:41:55

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Perhaps you should let the proxy people talk to the server people directly. Grab a bag of popcorn while they fight over who’s to blame. :)

Board footer