Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2015-09-11 05:38:50

bici
Website Mastodon

Re: kuo_analytics (Google Analytics for Textpattern)

kuopassa wrote #294120:

This free plugin will add a new tab to Textpattern’s Extensions section. From there Publishers and other user groups who are granted access can view certain Google Analytics stats.

Installing in 3½ minutes

1. Download the package.
  2. Unzip it and locate the Textpattern plugin file kuo_analytics_v0.1_zip.txt.
  3. Install the plugin in Textpattern’s “Plugins” section.
  4. Upload from the downloaded package the whole folder called kuo_analytics to your website’s root so it’s located somewhere like: http://www.yoursite.com/kuo_analytics/.
  5. Go to the plugin’s tab in “Textpattern” -> “Extensions” -> “Analytics” and click “How to install?” at the bottom.
  6. From the “How to install?” page you can find a unique JSON file name. Please copy that file name.
  7. Then go to Google Developers Console.
  8. Create a new project.
  9. For that project enable “Analytics API” (screenshot).
  10. Then create credentials for it by clicking “Credentials” and “Create Client ID” (screenshot)
  11. Click “Download JSON” (screenshot)
  12. Rename the JSON file.
  13. Upload it to your website’s root inside folder kuo_analytics.
  14. Plugin should now be ready for action.

“ Create a new project.”

But what if we already have a project … do we still create another for the d=same domain?

…. texted postive

#14 2015-09-11 07:38:09

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

Re: kuo_analytics (Google Analytics for Textpattern)

Destry wrote #294626:

Like Jakob said, GA’s own UI has become too complicated for most people, which is why I went to PiWik, but if your plugin extracts out the basics of web traffic patterns and such, it will be perfect for many Txp users, and an obvious choice if you don’t want to wrangle OS packages like PiWik.

Looks like it should be possible to make a Piwik plugin for Textpattern, but I don’t know if I’ll make one. Matt S. Davis has made msd_piwik_dashboard. ;-)

bici wrote #294718:

But what if we already have a project … do we still create another for the d=same domain?

You might have to create a new project for this plugin, because the credentials are different in different projects. (I think it could have been possible to build this plugin so that no one else has to make a project in Google Developers Console besides myself, but it would mean people would have to rely on me to keep the plugin working. Each project has free quota of 50 000 requests per day, etc.)

Board footer