Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2015-09-17 16:16:31

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Textpattern Legal Entity

Something for everyone to read… Forming a software foundation? Think again – not that I think we shouldn’t do this but it doesn’t hurt to know more.

#38 2015-09-17 16:24:32

bici
Website Mastodon

michaelkpate wrote #294936:

Something for everyone to read… Forming a software foundation? Think again – not that I think we shouldn’t do this but it doesn’t hurt to know more.

I had thought of that option, but it sounds like by joining an existing entity such as Apache might well be one possible route.

…. texted postive

#39 2015-09-17 20:41:00

zero
Website

Good link, Michael.

The Software Freedom Conservancy is well suited to handle all admin, copyright, domain problems that started these Foundation comments. It seems ideal to help Textpattern grow just so long as people don’t want to make any money. It’s strictly non-profit. It helps promote, improve, develop, and defend Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects. Textpattern would seem a good candidate having been long established with an active, though small user base. All devs should read all three pages of the Membership section and decide whether to apply.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#40 2015-09-19 13:27:56

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I am currently travelling and returning home tomorrow at which time I want to go through thi thread again. I think that we have many options and we will make the right choice.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer