Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-07-22 10:39:15

tregatedesign

Changing the site logo in textpattern

Hi there I’m completely new to textpattern having taken on managing an existing site for a client. They would like me to change the site logo and I’m wondering how i go about doing this? I can’t find any settings in the menu options. My next step is to dig around in the site files but I have no idea where to start really. Can anyone give me any pointers on this? The site is http://wea-cheltenham.co.uk/

Thanks for your help.

#2 2015-07-22 11:01:04

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Changing the site logo in textpattern

Hello, welcome to the forum. That’s nothing to do with Textpattern, just CSS background:url('_images/logo.jpg') no-repeat; rule in wea-cheltenham.co.uk/_css/layout.css. Either change it to new logo address, or modify the image itself.

#3 2015-07-22 11:12:24

uli

Re: Changing the site logo in textpattern

tregatedesign wrote #293607:

My next step is to dig around in the site files

Hi tregatedesign. Textpattern is database-driven. Don’t change any file contents unless you really need to. Always try searching in Textpatterns backend first. A brilliant helper for searching tags or text in articles, pages, forms (TXP-term for “snippets”), and CSS, is smd_where_used (link in my signature) which you’ll find in the Extensions menu or tab, respectively.
Perhaps it’s already there, if not you need to install it.

Edit: Plugins are installed in the TXP backend: Administration > Plugins. Paste the weird coded text into the textarea field and complete the two-step installation by activating the plugin: Click the plugin’s “No” link in the “Active” column, which then becomes a “Yes”.

Last edited by uli (2015-07-22 11:25:44)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer