Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-07-06 16:54:39

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

How do I get language strings translated?

“How do I get the remaining Textpattern language strings translated?”, I thought to myself a few weeks ago.

It would completely amazing if the language packs could each have one or more people committed to translating and fine-tuning the Textpacks. There used to be people who would translate, but a lot of these people have moved on and some of the language packs are a little neglected. We can fix that. We can do better.

I wrote some words for an article – you can read them here: textpattern.com/weblog/382/translating-textpattern-a-call-to-the-community

If you’re interested in contributing to the translation efforts, at whatever level you are comfortable with, then please introduce yourself on the forum thread here and we can build the masterplan.

And who knows – it might even be possible to have a new forum badge to indicate your translation role. Stef, Phil – doable? Can we have Translator as a forum role?

#2 2015-07-06 17:06:20

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: How do I get language strings translated?

gaekwad wrote #292659:

And who knows – it might even be possible to have a new forum badge to indicate your translation role. Stef, Phil – doable? Can we have Translator as a forum role?

It’s possible. You could only be a translator or moderator though, not both, and t wouldn’t have any different privs from a standard user role.

#3 2015-07-06 17:12:47

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: How do I get language strings translated?

philwareham wrote #292661:

It’s possible. You could only be a translator or moderator though, not both, and t wouldn’t have any different privs from a standard user role.

Sure, makes sense. Job title enhancement though, right? More attainable than a pay hike around here, too!

Board footer