Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-07-06 14:44:25

ToK
Plugin Author

tok_image_upload_bot.py -- not a Textpattern plugin

I’ve written not a plugin for textpattern. Well, it is for  textpattern, but it plugs into your operating system, or better: into your python3 environment.

It’s a little script, that takes one or more image file(s) on command line, for each file generates a full-size and a thumbnail image, uploads both to your txp installation, sets the category from the directory name the image file is saved in and builds the image caption from the files’ Xmp.dc.description metadata. Finally the script shows the ID number for every uploaded file.

And though it’s not really a textpattern-plugin, it is my most frequently used textpattern-plugin and I’d like to share it. I hope, here is the right place to announce it’s public availability (if not, don’t be shy to move this post). Please have a look at github and — if you like to give it a try — share your experiences with me. Especially how to use it under Windows or other operating systems. I’m running linux only and does not have the slightest idea, what it takes to get the script running in other environments.

Thanks a lot
Torsten

Board footer