Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2015-07-07 11:41:30

uli

Re: [textpacks] Translating languages strings for Textpattern 4.6

Sorry, Pete, I’ve missed to consequently use the allowoverride translation. It’s used in several places (Write panel and Prefs) and needed adaption to be understood in the prefs, too. For that reason, I have to correct my correction re allowoverride.

allowoverride => Zulassen, dass alternative Bausteine verwendet werden?
override_default_form => Alternativen Baustein verwenden
gaekwad wrote #292711:

Would you like to join candyman and be an official translator for the German language strings?

I’ll gladly do that if Robert doesn’t object.

I noticed eliph has made some changes to de-de via GitHub, but her/his name is not familiar to me around here. Anyone know them?

Nope. I guess, from the avatar, that eliph might be argi from TXSTyle, the new home of the Textile documentation.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#26 2015-07-07 11:47:59

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

uli wrote #292732:

Anyone can be a translator now, they need to just submit pull requests via GitHub. Although it’s always good to be able to call upon trusted people to translate where possible. So go for it!

#27 2015-07-07 12:01:17

ax
Plugin Author

gaekwad wrote #292711:

I noticed eliph has made some changes to de-de via GitHub, but her/his name is not familiar to me around here. Anyone know them?

This is me. Sorry for the confusion.

Peter

#28 2015-07-07 13:29:00

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

uli wrote #292732:

Sorry, Pete, I’ve missed to consequently use the allowoverride translation. It’s used in several places (Write panel and Prefs) and needed adaption to be understood in the prefs, too. For that reason, I have to correct my correction re allowoverride.

allowoverride => Zulassen, dass alternative Bausteine verwendet werden?...

I will amend that now – thank you for the explanation, very helpful.

Excellent news – welcome aboard!

#29 2015-07-07 13:37:04

ax
Plugin Author

So there are official translators? This should be made clear in the first post, also. Therefore please review this change that I hade proposed, and it is in the official repro already:

site_slogan => Motto der Seite

it was:

site_slogan => Slogan der Seite

before.

#30 2015-07-07 13:45:42

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

ax wrote #292748:

So there are official translators? This should be made clear in the first post, also.

As I previously said, anyone can translate if they want to. If someone wants to peer review changes then that is fine too.

#31 2015-07-07 13:46:19

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

ax wrote #292748:

So there are official translators?

There is scope for one or more translators on each of the Textpacks. This is a reboot of translation efforts prior to the 4.6 release. The ‘official’ list of translators is very outdated, and some Textpacks have become orphaned as personnel changes happen.

The first post includes two tables: the first is the current status of translated strings, and the second – below the first – is the starting-from-scratch-for-2015 list of people who have agree to be the point(s) of contact for a given Textpack. In the case of de-de.textpack, that list comprises:

• uli

…and that’s it. There is definitely scope for an additional translator, especially with your GitHub understanding – so, would you like to be named as an additional – but equally important and valued – translator for the de-de Textpack? I can’t give you a pay rise or corner office, but yours and Uli’s contributions are absolutely valuable.

Therefore please review this change that I hade proposed, and it is in the official repro already:

site_slogan => Motto der Seite...

it was:

site_slogan => Slogan der Seite...

before.

The best person to review that – and I trust your judgement on this – is Uli as a native speaker.

The keys to the GitHub repo ultimately live with Phil Wareham – and although I can’t speak for him personally, I would say that if one or more native speakers (yourself and/or Uli) can provide the information, then that’s usually good enough to be merged in.

#32 2015-07-07 14:18:37

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Els wrote #291823:

I will have a look (though Kees (keesb) is the ‘official’ Dutch translator, but he doesn’t seem to visit the forum very often).

Els – would you be OK to be part of the nl-nl Textpack translation effort? There’s nothing to do right now on outstanding or missing translations, but having a native speaker who’s a regular around here will make things much easier when things do need to happen.

I’ll tag Kees when I see him around here and ask him the same question – there’s added value in having >1 person available to translate and confirm correctness. What do you think?

Last edited by gaekwad (2015-07-07 14:19:02)

#33 2015-07-07 19:54:41

ax
Plugin Author

gaekwad wrote #292755:

There is definitely scope for an additional translator, , especially with your GitHub understanding – so, would you like to be named …

Yes of course, and thanks for asking. However not much seems to be done right now, because the German Txp fraction is quit strong. And what Github knowledge? Mine It is quite rudimentary, to say the least.

#34 2015-07-07 20:02:22

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

ax wrote #292788:

Yes of course, and thanks for asking. However not much seems to be done right now, because the German Txp fraction is quit strong. And what Github knowledge? Mine It is quite rudimentary, to say the least.

Thank you. You are correct, there is little work right now for de-de on new strings, and if you’re happy with the overall translation set then it’s all good.

When I say GitHub knowledge, you can fork, edit, and raise pull requests – that’s all that’s needed. It may be rudimentary, but that’s good enough.

#35 2015-07-07 20:15:21

els

gaekwad wrote #292762:

Els – would you be OK to be part of the nl-nl Textpack translation effort? There’s nothing to do right now on outstanding or missing translations, but having a native speaker who’s a regular around here will make things much easier when things do need to happen.

I’ll tag Kees when I see him around here and ask him the same question – there’s added value in having >1 person available to translate and confirm correctness. What do you think?

Yes of course, Pete. It’s about time I make myself useful again over here ;) I will need to get to know Github a bit better though…

#36 2015-07-07 20:21:01

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Els wrote #292794:

It’s about time I make myself useful again over here ;) I will need to get to know Github a bit better though…

Thank you. Or, y’know, you can put changes in here, too – that’s fine.

Board footer