Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-05-26 17:28:29

candyman

cookies and eu law

There’s difference between different types of cookies.

For example: if a use Piwik there are no problems,I guess. If I use Google Analytics I have to alert the user that Google is involved.

Am I wrong?

Last edited by candyman (2015-05-26 17:31:50)

#2 2015-05-26 17:38:59

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: cookies and eu law

I moved your post in a new thread so as not to hijack the plugin’s.

Cookies are cookies under the eu law which basically says that you should allow your visitors to opt in or out from accepting them. Re piwik check out forum.piwik.org/read.php?2,73153

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2015-06-13 16:22:33

bici
Website Mastodon

I am confused by./about EU cookies laws and compliance. I have ben asked by an european client for whom i did a website 6 years ago if they have cookies on their website. I have no idea if they do. Do I need to implement some kind of Notice that we don’t have cookies? Their websites have no logins except for the two editors who occasionally login. Any info appreciated.

…. texted postive

#4 2015-06-13 16:36:25

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

The last time I checked, Textpattern’s only default front-side cookie was to the option to remember commenting details (name, email, etc).

If you want to check if they have cookies on their site, clear your browser, visit their site, open the web/DOM inspector and check for anything in the cookies section. If you want a developer-oriented browser for this kind of stuff, have a look at Firefox Developer Edition and add it to your toolkit.

#5 2015-06-13 20:15:02

bici
Website Mastodon

gaekwad wrote #291527:

The last time I checked, Textpattern’s only default front-side cookie was to the option to remember commenting details (name, email, etc).

If you want to check if they have cookies on their site, clear your browser, visit their site, open the web/DOM inspector and check for anything in the cookies section. If you want a developer-oriented browser for this kind of stuff, have a look at Firefox Developer Edition and add it to your toolkit.

thanks for the heads up about the Firefox Developer Edition!! News to me! great to have.

as for cookies,,, there are a couple. Google Analytics and Mint ( this one i plan to delete and use on another non-eu site)
So how to add a cookie script like all the cool EU sites have. to be in compliance with EU laws

…. texted postive

#6 2015-06-13 21:14:47

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

bici wrote #291529:

So how to add a cookie script like all the cool EU sites have. to be in compliance with EU laws

You can use the Jukka’s solution which is easy to set and run without js.

Nicolas
Follow me on Twitter and GitHub!
Multiple edits are usually to correct my frenglish…

Board footer