Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2015-10-27 08:52:12

bohdik

Re: Is kaizengarden down? Yes it is. Please move on!

Since the afternoon yesterday my sites and mail accounts seems to be down (columbus.kaizengarden.us) as everything else on Kaizengarden. I have registered some outages the last month, but as I still have received monthly invoices I was in hope that this is not the end. I have paid for this month as well.

Why there were no annoucements from Jacques? Such behaviour is worse than Dean’s.

I am very disappointed when I have no recent backups of my sites and backups at me. :-(

Is there a chance to have the servers working for some day? Why Jacques is not communicating on some channel. I wrote him messages to all available addresses and Twitter.

#62 2015-10-27 12:40:09

Destry
Website

bohdik wrote #296234:

Since the afternoon yesterday my sites and mail accounts seems to be down (columbus.kaizengarden.us) as everything else on Kaizengarden.

Yeah, it seems to be the entire network again, since sometime yesterday. And, yes, the lack of communication and support response is deplorable. Jacques did make a brief post in the KG forum saying he had a “lengthy” post coming about the state of affairs, but that was about a week ago.

I hear stories that people aren’t paying their hosting bills, but then I also see the exact opposite from KG clients saying they are paying or can’t sometimes because there’s not even a working channel to do so, and they still get this downtime and lack of communication.

Bootstrap hosting is a tough gig all around. A place for those with patience like a Buddha, skin like a rhino, and no critical website.

#63 2015-10-27 12:50:56

Destry
Website

#64 2015-10-27 15:22:08

bohdik

It seems the services are up and running! I have to do backups ASAP!

As a total newbie I am trying to study how to run docker-mailserver in a Joyent’s Triton Elastic Container Service. It’s hard for me, but it should be easier than study how to install, configure and manage all components in the bare SmartOS machine.

#65 2015-10-27 15:31:13

FullCreamMilkMan

Ha! I paid my two outstanding invoices ten minutes ago, half hoping it would have an effect. Perhaps it did. However, I don’t think I can put up with any further outages. I understand why people might not be paying up, if the service has become unreliable. I really wish Jacques well, but I’m beginning to think it might be a blessing to him to move my demand for service elsewhere. So while the service is back, it’s time to archive my email I think.

#66 2015-10-27 17:03:55

Destry
Website

I’m beginning to think when the network goes down, for whatever reasons it frequently does, Jacques (or whoever mans the switch) isn’t being notified of the fact in an expedient manner. Thus it goes unnoticed for hours/days before someone does realize. Whatever the case, there’s a major lag problem between down point and up point.

Also, the KG forum needs to be put on a separate host so it doesn’t go down when the rest of KG does. :/

#67 2015-11-26 13:11:27

bohdik

Hi, I see the Kaizengarden is already down now. :-( And I didn’t get the last invoice. Why Jacques didn’t send any info? Is it definitive end? :-(

#68 2015-11-26 13:27:42

Destry
Website

Well, based on how often KG goes up and down and up and down, I’d say we can’t be sure this particular time is definitively the end. But it seems KG is definitely trying to shake off the hangers-on. ;)

#69 2015-11-26 15:13:06

Destry
Website

See, it’s back up, like a fighter that just won’t stay down.

#70 2015-11-27 13:40:16

Destry
Website

Down again.

#71 2015-11-27 14:37:33

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

I am genuinely amazed KG still has customers. I know Jacques is a solid guy, but this is just never ending.

#72 2015-11-30 01:36:16

towndock
Website

gaekwad wrote #296868:

I am genuinely amazed KG still has customers. I know Jacques is a solid guy, but this is just never ending.

I’m stunned. Baffled. Even if KG worked it seems a silly choice. There are so many good hosting providers, why does one hang with one that is so absurdly unreliable?

Board footer