Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2015-07-13 17:25:37

maniqui
Website

Re: Can not log in after upgrade

Hi gaekwad. Thanks, I’ve already fixed by switching the configuration for the hosting plan to use PHP 5.3 instead of 5.4.
In any case, if you find the way you fixed it, share it anyway, as it might help someone else having the issue.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#14 2015-07-13 17:30:08

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Looking at my notes, the OP had a 4.0.4 database that was partially upgraded to 4.5.7, and something got mangled in the process. My solution was to install a fresh 4.5.7 and import the content from the old database table by table.

#15 2021-04-22 08:45:41

M_i

I understand this is a (very) old thread, but I just ran into the same issue (couldn’t log in with “Your session has expired. Please log in again.”) and Google sent me here. My problem was easily solved, but here’s a quick write up for anyone encountering the same issue.

In my case, it wasn’t a Textpattern upgrade gone wrong, but rather my provider had helpfully updated my site from PHP 7.2 to 7.4 for me. This is a rather old site still running 2-year-old txp 4.7.3. So the solution was simple: downgrade to PHP 7.2. This immediately fixed the login problem, which meant I could log in, make backups, upgrade to the latest Txp, and go back up to PHP 7.4. And then I went up PHP 8.0, because why not.

#16 2021-04-22 08:59:51

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

M_i wrote #329960:

In my case, it wasn’t a Textpattern upgrade gone wrong, but rather my provider had helpfully updated my site from PHP 7.2 to 7.4 for me. This is a rather old site still running 2-year-old txp 4.7.3. So the solution was simple: downgrade to PHP 7.2. This immediately fixed the login problem, which meant I could log in, make backups, upgrade to the latest Txp, and go back up to PHP 7.4. And then I went up PHP 8.0, because why not.

Thanks for sharing, M_i! Please report any issues you encounter with Textpattern on PHP 8.0, should you find them. We have another cut from the 4.8 branch coming soon (next month, hopefully) which will bring a few bug fixes and some updated stuff behind the scenes.

Board footer