Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-02-13 12:29:13

simonMG

Article and Image Ids

I have two Textpattern installations (for different sites) one is version 4.5.4 and the other 4.5.5. This morning whilst uploading some photos I noticed that the Image #ID is incrementing by two each time, giving only ODD numbers. On looking over my two installations I notice that this has been the case since July 2014 for both articles and images. I can’t see anything that I can do to rectify it and was wondering what the problem might be.

#2 2015-02-13 12:42:46

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Article and Image Ids

simonMG wrote #288243:

incrementing by two each time, giving only ODD numbers.

How very odd. I can’t think of any reason why this might be the case. What plugins do you have installed? Anything that might be, I dunno, intercepting the save process; maybe posting stuff twice, failing but causing the counter to advance anyway?

Quite a long shot, but how about checking the auto_increment_increment variable from phpMyAdmin or similar:

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'auto_inc%';

If the step is anything other than 1, that might be it. Past that I can’t think of anything right now. Hopefully someone else can help with something more concrete.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer