Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-01-12 03:47:39

Derekstaff

Problems moving from a sub-directory to the main directory

I’ve been developing a Texpattern site on the client’s server in a subdirectory. I followed the guidance of the page from the Textpattern doc Moving Installation from Subdirectory to Domain Root on the Same Server.

The homepage for the site (cofchristslc.org) works fine, pulling all the required articles, forms etc. However, as you see if you click any internal links, I get

Not Found
The requested URL /[whatever the name of the link clicked] was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This has never been a problem with the site while in the subdirectory.

Diagnostics provides this message:

File directory path is not writable: files
Temporary directory path is not writable: textpattern/tmp ?
.htaccess file is missing ?
/home/43/94/8309443/web/textpattern/setup/ still exists ?
The following PHP functions (which may be necessary to run Textpattern) are disabled on your server: pcntl_alarm, pcntl_fork, pcntl_waitpid, pcntl_wait, pcntl_wifexited, pcntl_wifstopped, pcntl_wifsignaled, pcntl_wexitstatus, pcntl_wtermsig, pcntl_wstopsig, pcntl_signal, pcntl_signal_dispatch, pcntl_get_last_error, pcntl_strerror, pcntl_sigprocmask, pcntl_sigwaitinfo, pcntl_sigtimedwait, pcntl_exec, pcntl_getpriority, pcntl_setpriority, ?
Clean URL test failed. ?

Moving the .htaccess file was mentioned in the documentation I followed. But I can find no .htaccess file in the original subdirectory. Unless it is invisible to my ftp application, the site in the subdirectory works without any .htaccess file.

Should I just create a new .htaccess file? A question link from the diagostic report mentions “The recommended directives to place in this .htaccess file are:”

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^(.+) - [PT,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  !^$
RewriteRule .* - [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
</IfModule>

Should I just copy and paste that code into a new file in my text editor, save it as “.htaccess,” and upload that into my new root directory? If not, how should I proceed?

Thanks for any help.

#2 2015-01-12 10:56:31

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Problems moving from a sub-directory to the main directory

Yes, create a new .htaccess file in the root directory

Board footer