Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2005-03-28 02:35:07

theturninggate
Website

Re: [outdated] zem_contact, flexible mailto form

I’ve got this working perfectly on one site. Using the exact same code on another site, and it’s not working. All it tells me is “Unable to send mail.”

Why would this be happening? Might it have something to do with the server? The one that works is on a linux machine. The other is one (I think) a Windows server.

Ideas?

#74 2005-04-09 18:30:19

lee

Zem, any idea why this plugin dosen’t work with rev 277?

Thanks
Lee

#75 2005-04-25 10:10:27

ferenczi

> luro wrote:

> is it possible to use an image for submit ?
i’d like to …

moi aussi, and i can’t figure out how to do it with this, currently. anyone have an answer? zem, name your ransom: i’m ready this time!

#76 2005-04-25 14:23:04

soulship
Website

theturninggate,

I had the same problem over and over and was tearing my hair out over it. To my knowledge I counldnt get this working no matter what on php as cgi, and I had to come up with another solution on a customers site that ran on a windows server, I just finally gave up. There was an impenetrable problem with “posting” to index.php.

Jamie

#77 2005-05-03 11:53:33

ramblingwebgirl
Website

Hello. This is a fantastic plugin. Very easy to implement for those non-programmers like myself. :)

However, I’m having a bit of a problem. I currently use the form without a problem on my contact page .

I’m trying to setup an online quote form, but I get the following error message after filling everything out:

‘on’ is not a valid email address

No matter what email I type in, I get that message. After re-typing it a few times, the form eventually goes through, but when I get the email the only thing is says is:

email: Yes

rather then giving me the actual address. This also occasionally happens with the ‘Phone’ field.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?? I’ve set it up the exact way I set up my contact form so I can’t figure out why it isn’t working when every other field is.

Also, is there a way to make the form remember checked values and drop-down list selections when the person forgets to fill in a required value?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

#78 2005-05-05 14:19:10

druzli
Website

Hey.

I have used this plugin before without no proplems.
Now im using it on RC3 site revision 303 hosted at Texdrive and got one problem.
My configuration is extacly how its recommend to be here in this article.
Now to the problem, when email is send with the form, I get everything but the text from the textarea.

Any ideas?

Thanks

regards,

Agust

#79 2005-05-05 15:52:35

mrdale
Website

Ok here’s a question about the messages the form generates:

I have a contact form that sits in a collapsible area of the page. most of the time it’s hidden, but when you click contact us, it reveals. Works great except…

Errors/Thank you messages get loaded into the collapsed area and when the page is refreshed, they’re hidden.

Is there an easy way to have the messages appear in:

1. a popup window
  2. an alert
  3. a different part of the page

Thanks in Advance.

BTW: doesn’t look like the forum want’s me+textile to make an ordered list, curious.

Last edited by mrdale (2005-05-05 16:10:40)

#80 2005-05-05 18:02:05

lee

A different part of the page, Yes. It’s in the documentation.

#81 2005-05-05 18:29:53

mrdale
Website

> lee wrote: A different part of the page, Yes. It’s in the documentation.

I’d like some more specific instructions if anyone can help. I get the following messages when I try to follow the docs instructions.

No mailto address specified
No mailto address specified

#82 2005-05-21 13:40:45

els

I know Zem is very busy, but maybe someone else can show me a way to do this:
I’m using zem_contact on three different pages, in three different languages. What I would like to do is to display the error messages in the appropriate language.

There is one way I can think of and that is to copy the plugin, rename it to zem_contactnl or something like that and modify the error messages text in the plugin code. But I don’t know if I would have to rename all functions to make it work, or if it even might not work at all.
(EDIT: as was to be expected, can’t get this to work)

As you understand, I hardly know anything about php…

Last edited by doggiez (2005-05-28 13:24:53)

#83 2005-05-22 20:45:52

bizartist
Website

I had to switch my doctype to XHTML 1.0 transitional on my contact page to get it to validate. Anyone know how to get Zem_contact to output to XHTML 1.0 strict?

After enduring years of Art School, mild mannered Owen Waring noticed some unusual changes… the constant bombardment of criticism, it seems, had altered his DNA. Half pixel pusher, half programmer, he had become…. THE BIZARTIST

#84 2005-05-26 19:02:54

jbrew
Website

Ditto!!! I really don’t like to have to use a transitional doc type and if anyone figures this one out let me know.

To even the least of these…

Board footer