Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-11-05 23:04:35

medo

Theme: Empire, can't find any info, slider issues.

First off, I’d like to apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section

I’d also like to apologize for being ignorant and absolutely clueless about textpattern.

In short, I bought a theme from thebombsite, I really like the overall setup with this theme and I think it will be perfect for what I need it for.

http://thebombsite.com/protextthemes/empire

I’m having the hardest time getting the slider to display an image, basically once I figure that out, i’ll be able to fill in the rest of the site with content.
I know it’s something probably extremely simple, but i’m having issues with it. I believe it might have something to do with the custom_fields option.
when I downloaded the theme it came with an absolutely awesome and straight forward help/how-to guide however i believe it fails how to mention to edit these slides.
I take it it has something to do in the content>write area, however on the left where it shows the ‘slider options’ it just has blanks, I’ve tried posting an article with the settings as ‘yes’ ‘y’ and ‘1’ and I can’t seem to figure this out.

below is part of the documentation:

“The display of articles can be modified using the custom_fields that you set up during theme installation.

slider_content_alignment – If this is an article displayed in the front-page slider this field determines the positioning of the content container. You can use top, right, bottom or left. Do not leave blank for slider articles.

display_article_in_slider – This field determines whether an article will appear in the slider or not. Just enter “yes” (no quotes) if you want it so. Leave blank if you don’t. You should also remember that only articles from the section you have set on the “Theme Variables” tab will appear in the slider regardless of what you enter here.

article_image_alignment – This field determines the positioning of the article_image if there is one within the article, both in article_list and individual_article views. This has no effect on the front-page slider.

display_article_image_frontpage – If you have used the “Theme Variables” tab to set one or two articles to be displayed on the front-page, this field enables or disables the display of the article_image for these articles. Simply enter “yes” (no quote) to enable them. Anything else, including blank, will disable this feature.

image_category_for_gallery – If this is a gallery article this field determines the image_category called by the article. This field can accept a comma-separated list.”

Any pointers/help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edit:
I’m sure i’m missing some/plenty information with this issue, I’m willing to provide any information needed to have this resolved.

Last edited by medo (2014-11-05 23:38:07)

#2 2014-11-06 00:41:43

maruchan
Website

Re: Theme: Empire, can't find any info, slider issues.

below is part of the documentation:

Can you tell us what you’ve got in those fields right now? Screenshots would work too.

#3 2014-11-06 02:13:08

medo

maruchan wrote #285485:

Can you tell us what you’ve got in those fields right now? Screenshots would work too.

http://i.imgur.com/Kj2wrO9.png

Don’t mind the ‘bears’ testing. In the Article image field I have a picture of a bear. I’m just trying to get it to show up on the front page.

#4 2014-11-06 07:47:04

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Hey medo – welcome. Forgive me for being That Guy, but if you’ve bought a theme from Stuart you’re entitled to support for it, too. I don’t recalling seeing Stuart around here recently, but you should drop him a note via this page with your question, too. I’m not saying “don’t ask here”, but you should certainly loop in the vendor of your theme, too.

#5 2014-11-06 09:23:52

jakob
Admin
Website

I’m not familiar with the theme but two things to check and a guess:

1. Enter either top, right, bottom or left for slider_content_alignment – According to the help you included it says: Do not leave blank for slider articles.
  2. Check that your section name “slides” is set on the “Theme Variables” pane. Not sure exactly where, but it’s probably self_evident. Quoting the help: You should also remember that only articles from the section you have set on the “Theme Variables” tab will appear in the slider regardless of what you enter here.
  3. And the guess: try uploading the image (with the desired/specified display dimensions) you want to show on your slider to the Content > Images pane. Make a note of the image id number (shown at the beginning of each row in the tabular list of images), and enter just that number under Article Image.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#6 2014-11-06 10:45:53

uli

jakob wrote #285499:

And the guess: try uploading the image (with the desired/specified display dimensions) you want to show on your slider to the Content > Images pane. Make a note of the image id number (shown at the beginning of each row in the tabular list of images), and enter just that number under Article Image.

I’m stressing this note from jakob, looking at your screenshot, medo, and the “exterritorial” path you entered there.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#7 2014-11-06 17:49:58

medo

Thank you all so much for your replies. I will try this when I get home later on today. Thank you!

Board footer