Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-10-20 16:02:00

ahorowit

How do I expand the limit on articles displaying?

My “Resources” page currently lists links/titles to my first 16 articles. The oldest 4 articles do not appear. When I change the date of the oldest articles to the current date, it appears on top as expected and bumps the last article off. I cannot figure out where/how to increase the page size or the article limit so that all my articles appear in the list…not just the 16 most recent.

I have searched the articles and not found the answer to this very basic question. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. The person who set this site up for me is no longer available to me and I am now on my own in managing it.

#2 2014-10-20 16:23:52

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: How do I expand the limit on articles displaying?

ahorowit wrote #284983:

I have searched the articles and not found the answer to this very basic question. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. The person who set this site up for me is no longer available to me and I am now on my own in managing it.

ahorowit,

What you need to do is locate the page template that generates your resources page. It may been that you only have one which will make this even easier.

On that page, you will need to locate code that looks something this:

<txp:article listform="[articleform]" limit="16" />

or possibly:

<txp:article_custom form="[articleform]" limit="16" />

You should be able to change the limit number to whatever you need – 999 works well if you don’t need a limit at all.

#3 2014-10-20 16:30:04

ahorowit

Thank you so much for this clear reply. Indeed, I have one blog-format page that does have this code in it. And previously I did change the limit and it fixed the problem for that page.

But the resources page template doesn’t contain the word “limit” — I did a text search for it.

It does contain code that looks like this…

<h1>Practicing</h1>
<txp:article_custom category="practicing">
<p><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></p>
</txp:article_custom>

but no references to limits…

Edit by gaekwad: code block

Last edited by gaekwad (2014-10-20 19:09:39)

#4 2014-10-20 16:49:44

uli

ahorowit wrote #284985:

<txp:article_custom category=“practicing”>
<p><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></p>
</txp:article_custom>

but no references to limits…

Hi ahorowit, and welcome to the forum. Both article tags (txp:article and txp:article_custom) use default values of 10 if no limit is set, as is in your case. Is/are there an/other article tag/s whose limit is/sum up to the remaining six?

As a beginner in Textpattern things you might want to bookmark, the Textpattern documentation and the tag reference page.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#5 2014-10-20 17:41:21

uli

If there aren’t any more tags immediately on your page template there might also be “hidden” ones in forms (corresponding tags are e.g. <txp:output_form name="FORMNAME" /> or from a plugin <txp:cbe_output_form name="FORMNAME" />.)
More plugins that can create article output include smd_query and etc_query, you might also look for these.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer