Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-08-20 02:30:58

jesper

Upgrade from 4.0.5 to 4.5.5 - main site can't access db / admin works

I have upgraded textpattern from what I think was 4.0.5 to the latest release and following this I get a MySQL access denied on the main page, but all the textpattern admin pages work and I can browse all the content through the admin interface.

Tag error:  <txp:php> ->  Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'xxxxxxxxx'@'web20.local.one.com' (using password: YES) while_parsing_page_form: default, None
timezone.php:67 mysql_connect()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php(3836) : eval()'d code:1 include()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:3836 eval()
textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php:426 php()
textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php:339 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:544 parse()
index.php:83 textpattern()
Cannot connect to database. Please try again.

The login details are definitely correct as all the functions in the /textpattern/ admin interface work just fine…..

The diagnostics tap does not give much to go on.

Any ideas? I have tried to disable all plugins, but it made no difference whatsoever.

Any help appreciated.

#2 2014-08-20 06:39:31

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: Upgrade from 4.0.5 to 4.5.5 - main site can't access db / admin works

This part:

Tag error:  <txp:php> ->  Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'xxxxxxxxx'@'web20.local.one.com' (using password: YES) while_parsing_page_form: default, None
timezone.php:67 mysql_connect()

…indicates the flub is likely in the default page template. That timezone.php doesn’t sound like a Textpattern file to me, although there is a Timezone.php in the development branch – but that’s not in 4.5.5, so likely a red herring.

Can you post the default page template here?

Edit: the fact you can log in and browse the admin-side is a good indication that the Textpattern database is connecting properly.

Last edited by gaekwad (2014-08-20 06:40:23)

#3 2014-08-21 00:41:18

jesper

Re: Upgrade from 4.0.5 to 4.5.5 - main site can't access db / admin works

Thanks a billion for the reminder regarding timezone.php – it is indeed a crude hack I did some years ago and referenced in the page and it had a hardcoded db connection in it – I forget what for or why but it now works as expected.

Sorry for the inconvenience. All my fault in the end as it so often is with these things.

Cheers

Board footer