Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-07-10 08:47:05

Piru
Website

Redirecting sections with Rewrite Rules on Apache

Hi there!

I’m searching a simple Textpattern multi-lingual solution. I’ve browsed the forum and the web for hours, but can’t find an elegant solution. We have a single install which is EN for the time being, but are looking for an easy way to have a NL translation online (for SEO and local business reasons).
In the past we worked around it by using section/category/article like this: (s=language)/(c=section replacement)/(a=“sitepage”) In the current install we won’t be able to do this, because we have a completely different structure.

At this time we have different sections: work, web, content & branding. We want to add new sections for the Dutch version of the site. We would like to have both /nl/work and /en/work options for SEO-reasons. Problem is that you can’t nest sections and we need the other sections for the structure of the site. That’s why I’m looking into RewriteRules in the .htaccess file. Does anybody know if it’s possible to redirect a section name to a file structure?

i.e. site.url/work-nl/articletitle to site.url/nl/work/articletitle

Have a look at our wip on www.zologie.eu

Thanks in advance.

PS I looked into MPL, but it looks complicated and I can’t seem to find how it handles different language versions URL-wise.

#2 2014-07-10 08:49:24

Piru
Website

Re: Redirecting sections with Rewrite Rules on Apache

Oh, forgot something: I tried this one, but to no avail:

RewriteRule ^nl/work/?s index.php?s=work-nl [NC,L]

Board footer