Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2014-06-30 14:19:59

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: TXP Admin keeps asking me to log in

gaekwad wrote #281751:

I’ve had a to-and-fro chat with wordgasm and she has indicated this problem started around the same time as Dreamhost updated PHP.

Sounds plausible. But no idea why it would manifest itself in this ‘broken record’ way.

The persistent cookie issue wouldn’t be a factor if I was logging in afresh here, right?

Correct. I believe that had been debunked earlier in the thread somewhere by trying different browsers, different machines, etc. Which leads me to believe it’s a server config / setup issue rather than a ‘local’ Txp-related issue.

You can rule out plugins by trying to log directly into the URL:

site.com/textpattern/index.php?event=plugin

and making some changes to that page (e.g. change load order, edit code, anything). If you stay logged in after applying the change, it’s a plugin/Txp issue. If it _still_kicks you out, it’s a server/config issue.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#26 2014-06-30 14:24:01

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Bloke wrote #281752:

You can rule out plugins by trying to log directly into the URL:

site.com/textpattern/index.php?event=plugin...

and making some changes to that page (e.g. change load order, edit code, anything). If you stay logged in after applying the change, it’s a plugin/Txp issue. If it _still_kicks you out, it’s a server/config issue.

Tried this. It throws me out without making the change(s). It’s a server/config issue.

A propos nothing, today I learned SalesForce own site.com – imagine the millions of back links!

Last edited by gaekwad (2014-06-30 14:24:26)

#27 2014-06-30 16:29:22

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Bloke wrote #281747:

That’s a bug in txpmobile. You can fix it by removing blank lines between the <?php> lines. In other words, lines 164, 162 and 84 of txpmobile.php v0.41.

I doubt that’ll fix anything else mentioned in this thread, but at least it’ll get rid of the annoying warnings.

It fixed it.

#28 2014-06-30 22:23:03

wordgasm
Website

gaekwad wrote #281757:

It fixed it.

Thank you for solving this problem, Bloke and Gaekwad. This issue drove me nuts for three days. TXP rocks because of you guys. Again, thank you!

Board footer