Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-06-01 20:30:41

Destry
Website

Feuilles – new collaborative writing platform with publishing API

Billed as the collaborative writing platform to replace Editorially, Feuill.es is a that plus it provides an API so that you can directly publish the finished article to whatever website you want, if I understand it correctly.

In their In-house publishing documentation they talk about the API, and down under the Nerd alert! section it seems to suggest you can use the API to build a plugin for whatever CMS you use, and if you do, they will feature your plugin (and the CMS it’s for, naturally) on their website.

I hope a Txp dev is reading this, or any other plugin developer, because the ability to collaboratively work on a document and publish it directly from that platform live to the CMS is exactly what I’ve been wanting for a long, long time. Plus it could be some very good attention on Textpattern.

The people behind Feuilles are the same people behind The Pastry Box Project, which is a well regarded source of publishing, and popular names in the content business contribute there, so I have no doubt that Feuilles is going to be very popular and visible. A custom plugin for Txp would be a boon indeed.

Is this too good to be true or what? (Bracing myself for Gocom to drop in and shoot it down for security reasons.)

#2 2014-06-02 08:46:36

dos

Re: Feuilles – new collaborative writing platform with publishing API

I would welcome that! I’ve seen something similar before in Draft. They support Wordpress, Tumblr, Blogger… Maybe a solution for Textpattern can be done with Webhooks?

“HaHa. Your medium is dying.” –Nelson Muntz, Springfield.

Board footer